“Timing is everything”

JACK Cleveland Casino
Ranked #16 of 183 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Originally recognized as Horseshoe Casino Cleveland, we opened as Ohio's first full-service casino inside the historic Higbee Building in downtown Cleveland, OH in May 2012. Adding to the city's impressive sports, entertainment and cultural attractions, JACK Cleveland Casino welcomed more than give million guests to the casino in its first year of operations. The $350 million gaming destination employs 1,600 team members and features 1,600+ slot machines 89 table games and a large Poker room; along with lounges, a buffet restaurant and a three-outlet food court. JACK Cleveland also has partnerships with a dozen local restaurants and three downtown hotels. During construction the development created nearly 2,000 construction jobs.
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Timing is everything”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've been to this casino many times. I usually try to go off hours to avoid some of the crowds. I also try to avoid it on the days of their big promotions. I will say they have come a long way in dealing with the promotional crowd. The first give away (camcorder) was a nightmare, but the latest one I went to (fleece jacket) was mush more organized and controlled. As a side note, the quality of their give aways has been very good in my opinion.

I enjoy the variety of slot machines. There are a good mix of denominations, but some of the more popular games (Grease, Michael Jackson, Dirty Dancing, etc...) are 2 cents. My personal favorites are the penny Clue and Hangover machines.

For those who had issues with the high limit tables / longer wait times, they have recently removed a large section of slot machines on the second floor and replaced them with table games. I've seen more empty seats and $10 tables up there.

What brings down the rating, in my opinion, would be Parking. Its a pain to park in their garage and cross two busy streets to get there. Even the valet is across the streets. It will be that much worse in the rain. They do offer a shuttle, but it seems like it is a longer ride than it should be.

1 Thank James E

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Beautiful at the Holidays”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We are not gamblers but wanted to visit the new casino to see their "Holidays at the Higbee." I love that the casino is smoke free and, as an interior designer, I appreciated the elegant decor. We were there on a Friday night and it was packed.

We were in Las Vegas last month, so I suppose compare to Vegas, the casino is small. However, this is only phase one and, quite frankly, both my husband and I felt like it's a very good size considering we're in CLE and not Las Vegas.

Some have complained about drink service - I'm sure as time goes on drink service will be more consistent and the dealers . . will become faster, the place hasn't been open a year and one of the commitments that was made to the city was that they would hire locals. So please have a bit of patience. I really appreciated how friendly everyone was - we walked right in - no metal detectors who pat downs.

A nice addition to the Cleveland scene if you're looking for something to do and are a gambler.

1 Thank DHK017
NE Ohio
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Small but good”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We like the fact that we have a casino close by. It's fun for a few hours but beware- the dealers are very new and make mistakes often. I often find a table with fun people and that makes a huge difference. I still like Caesars Windsor due to the size and their variety of games. We have never been at key times, we try to go on off times and the minimums on the tables are quite high.

Cleveland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Heading in the wrong direction.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been to the casino three times. First time was the best but it really wasn't all that good. Most recently we had to wait to sit at a table.
The dealers are slow and still make too many mistakes counting and with payouts.
Drink service is a joke. My wife and I ordered drinks. They brought my wife's but never brought mine. When I asked where mine was, the waitress grunted something, walked away and never came back. I guess I should be happy she saved me 5 bucks. The 3 times we've sat at slots and clicked the botton for waitress service none ever came.
The free parking lot is tiny, isn't attached to the casino and it took us 30 minutes to get out of.

The casino has a lot of growing up to do.
Overall, since it is the only casino in town, I will likely go back, but

Visited October 2012
1 Thank gfai2000
75 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Pick your spots”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Visited a couple of times. First time I ended up walking out due to crowd. Not worth having to wait to sit down at a table. If goal is simply to gamble then need to go on off-hours.

Visited September 2012