InterContinental Cleveland
$103
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$142
$133
Doubletree.com
$127
$119
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

$114
$110
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$119
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$111
$82
$109
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

$101
ComfortInn
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

$120
$109
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$126
$118
Travelocity
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

All reviewssky bridgecoast cafetable restaurantau bon painclub levelconference centerroom serviceconcierge floorvalet parkingrooms are largeuniversity circleseverance hallwonderful hotelart museumstayed one nightvalet servicerock and roll hall
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Very comfortable hotel. Nice breakfast.
Not so good location far from main shopping area and city attractions. Taxi service not of high quality - sometimes too long to wait; early in the morning no taxi at all. Book it in advance. Internet for additional charge.
Rooms are very nice and cozy. Great sleep. I liked this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2010

Dear LarisaVM,

Thank you for the comments regarding your recent stay with us as all comments are very important to us. We are glad that your stay was comfortable and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Kim Knoll
Business Travel Sales Manager

Reviewed July 16, 2010

This Intercontinental is an average. Despite the fact that it is, to my knowledge, pretty new, the rooms are already a little bit worn out.

I probably had one of the worst hotel stays ever at IC Cleveland. If I would have stayed at a random motel - I wouldnt complain - but an InterContinental should always be a benchmark of service and quality. I am staying about 200 nights a year in different hotels, which enables me to have a top tier status at most of the known brands. So please believe me that I know what service I can expect from a hotel.

I checked in and was given a room in which I found mold behind the door. Around this spots the carpet was black, moisture and damaged. I can not think about how the house service would have missed this and why you would still give away this room - it is a shame. I called the service and they sent a guy who tried to clean it, however as it was within the carpet it was impossible. Next to this guy a lady from the room service showed up and apologized that this happens and they are going to change all carpets within the next year. That didn’t help me, staying this weekend. It took’em another half an hour to call me and ask me if I want to change the room (that should have been their first reaction right away!). So I was moved to another room that smelled like a combination of puke and spray – but I was too tired to ask for another change and took it. Although also this room was worn out and dirty.

After being one hour in the room a room cleaning lady stepped in without knocking and was surprised finding me in the room (Needles to say I was surprised by her appearance too) as it wasn’t set up yet and she refitted the bath room. At the evening I found that there is no breakfast order form in my room. It too your staff three calls from me and 45 minutes to bring one to my room. Not enough that my room was not well prepared, calling the service I just figured out that the telephone beside my bed is not working, nor did they transfer my ambassador perk fruit from my first room to my new room. At the cheap Hyatt Palace I stayed during the week I had a far more better room than this here: No automatic air-conditioning, no flat-HD-TV, no free wireless … again it is just disgusting.

Next morning I received a call because I marked the turkey sausages on the order form, however no turkey sausages are available … . It keeps on being bad staying here.

In the evening I wanted to order breakfast again for next morning – but guess what – no ordering form in my room AGAIN !

As just discussed this morning I called guest service to ask for an email address I could send something to be printed – they said they did not want to do this bc there is a business center. Are you joking ? In every basic Hampton Inn I can send a document to the front desk to be printed.

Lets conclude: Very very bad staff, average InterContinental. The only one good at this hotel is the Manager, who was very nice and communicative as I presented him my experiences.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the information you provided regarding your stay with us in June. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time with us, and are pleased to inform you that we have rectified many of the points listed below. It was determined a plumbing leak caused the damage to the carpet and that has since been repaired.

We hope to restore your confidence in staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Cleveland. Thank you once again for bringing these items to our attention.

Michael Cooper
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed June 20, 2010

My husband is a patient at Cleveland Clinic and we have stayed at the Intercontinental at least 12 times over the past 1-1/2 yrs. It is definitely the place to stay if you are a patient/spouse, especially if you are there in the winter. You can park your car and never need it, as everything is connected by pedways from the 3rd floor of the hotel. Would not stay there if you are just visiting Cleveland, as it is not located in a good neighborhood and there is nothing to do nearby. Also, it is right in the middle of Cleveland Clinic. The staff always welcomes us and does their best to provide anything we need. Rooms are spacious and well appointed and we love the walk-in shower. We have learned to often avoid the hotel restaurants, tho, as they are expensive. They do offer room service, which is great when you are exhausted. There is an International cafeteria in the hospital,as well as 2 locations of AuBonPain, Starbucks, McDonalds, a Mexican "fast food" place and Subway. It is only a short drive to Little Italy and about a 20 minute drive to a nice shopping area and other restaurants. I agree with other complaints about the charge for internet. Seems like all "luxury hotels" are still getting by with this (disappointing). They do have 2 computers off the lobby that are available for email or to print a boarding pass. Some rooms "pick up" internet access from the clinic but many sites are blocked to keep employees from using computers to watch sports, tv shows, Skype, etc. All rooms have a mini bar that I wish they would convert to a refrigerator. Any item in there is outrageous and there is only one small spot for your use. If you join Priority Club, you always have a 2 pm check-out. We feel as tho it is our "second home" and will continue to stay there. It's about the next best thing to being in your own bedroom and I would highly recommend it to anyone go to the clinic. The convenience alone is well worth the $$$.
Tip: Buy a set of parking passes or pay $10 daily and park in one of the clinic garages if you are going to be there for a few days(one is connected to the hotel by pedway), as valet parking is $24/night.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kymarg

Dear kymarg,

Thank you for the comments you have shared with us during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and glad to hear that our hotel and location met your expectations.

We certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

Kim Knoll

Reviewed May 26, 2010

The sole purpose of my trip was to attend a two day conference at the hotel and I was pleasantly surprised at how convenient the guest rooms were to the conference venue. The omelette in the lobby restaurant was very good, although a little pricey. The gift shop was open only from 9 am - 6 pm, which was disappointing when the urge for a soda overwhelmed me, and I was too cheap to open the mini-bar. The rooms were large, but the all too common problem of having inconveniently located electrical outlets at the bedside tables created some cell phone/mp3 charging challenges. (I don't understand why this is a problem in so many hotels). Bathroom was huge, with shower and separate tub. The bell captain and staff were very polite and helpful. For the price, internet should be free. I protested the price by not purchasing the internet access.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Still charging for internet is just shamless, penny ante, and an inconsiderate waste of guests' time. Skip this hotel until they start respecting guests.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business