InterContinental Cleveland
Doubletree.com
$109
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $131/night.

$139
$155
$122
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

All reviewssky bridgecoast cafetable restaurantau bon painclub levelconference centerroom serviceconcierge floorvalet parkingrooms are largeuniversity circleseverance hallwonderful hotelart museumstayed one nightvalet servicerock and roll hall
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Hotel was great in pretty much every way. Immaculately clean rooms, comfortable, yet chic design, extremely spacious bedroom and bathroom areas, and nice and quiet. It is located on the edge of downtown, which is optimal for less traffic, yet it is close enough for a quick taxi or bus ride to major attractions. The only negative is the mandatory 40 dollar a day valet parking, but with everything else this hotel has going for it, the price is worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlust3317
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear MollyPgh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences at the hotel. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and prime location! We take great pride in providing our guests with a 5-star experience. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced with valet parking being mandatory and I must apologize for the information you were given in regards to the price. Valet parking at our property is $24 a day and since we are unable to provide self-parking as an option, our guests have the ability to park in any of the nearby parking garages if they feel the valet parking charge is not a value for money. I’m glad you know you can count on us for a clean and comfortable stay and hope we can welcome you back and serve you here again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here during a business trip in June. First time at an Intercontinental Hotel and was impressed with the hotel. The room was very spacious with a modern bathroom with tub and separate shower. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet with omelette bar.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sivetta O
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Sivetta O,

Many thanks for the fantastic review of your stay with us in Cleveland. We are pleased to hear that we were able to give you a great first impression of InterContinental Hotels. On your next visit, be sure to stop by Table 45 for dinner and check out our extensive sushi menu. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Last thursday 15th., was Cleveland Clinic´s Guest-House closing date. I believe a student facility of some kind is going to be buit. I went by hoping to be able to say good bye to Mona Hana, Front Office Supervisor. She was, as always, warmly and efficiently managing a difficult situation in Arabic, language I realized she is also fluent in.
My husband and I come from México and stayed at the Guest-House last may. He had a procedure in preparation to open heart surgery las August 30th. Unfortunately, he had a small clog and stroke, but fortunately it was in ICU unit, so it was rapidly attended. We are now in rehab and hope he will regain all his speech abilities sometime in the near future.
I am staying at the Inter-continental Conference Center. They have honored our price and reservation dates. Transition was difficult, specially at the most difficult moments. Front Office´s have been caregivers for me, and they have really exceeded my expectations. Many have gone out of their way to help me at the hotel and I could not name them all at this moment, but for now, I do want to specially mention two people I now consider my friends: Colleen and Helene. The Director of the front office was very caring also.
I missed not being able to say good-bye to Mona Hana. Mona in Spanish means nice, but she was definitely much more than nice to me. She is very efficient and goes out of her way to help. Her true- caring concern regarding my husband´s condition, after 3 months really exceeds every expectacion. Families, we are very important caregivers for the patients of Cleveland Clinic, and every-day, just to see Mona´s caring smile and your soothing voice helped me be a better caregiver.
Thank you, Mona; I have been alone and you were there for me, and I SINCERELY HOPE THAT THE CLEVELAND CLINIC does not loose such an outstanding caregiver.
Hildegard M. Silva

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Hildegard M,

Thank you for sharing your experiences and writing such a thoughtful, heartfelt review in regards to the service that you have received over the years. We have a wonderful team who often work with guests during stressful times and take great pride in making their stay one last thing to worry about. Thank you for acknowledging a few that have made your experience amazing! I have passed on your comments to all of our colleagues and will send the three colleagues you mentioned a special thank you on behalf of the hotel. We are certainly thrilled to know that you continue to enjoy our services and that you took the time to post your positive comments. Wishing you and your family all the best. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We arrived for a one night stay. Inexplicably, only one of our party of 2 was offered an upgrade to a concierge room, because his room had 1 twin beds, as I understood it. When I was checking on with a different employee, I was not offered an upgrade although my assigned room was the same. I asked if my room was a standard room as I could see it was two twins - as opposed to a king sized bed. The employee said twin beds were standard. So there is no reason only one of us should have been offered the upgrade - given that we all paid the same rate and none of us was a frequent guest of the chain. Some consistency in approach would have been welcome. Our associate had a complimentary breakfast buffet while the remainder of our group had to pay the fairly large sum of $20 for a breakfast buffet.

The rooms were adequate, with 2-3 exceptions. It is very odd to have the standard configuration be two twin beds. This only would be workable for single people or business travelers. Even for me as a single room occupant, a twin bed is not a preferred choice as I would definitely opt for a double or king bed. Then inside the closet, there was a gross discoloration of the paint, I.e., it needed to be repainted, and the light fixture cover was falling off. The light fixture cover was only staying on because the closet shelf was underneath it. The worst aspect or the room was that the hallway closet light would go on in the middle of the night if you walked by, given that it had a motion sensor and the door was with louver openings/ slats. This is the worst-designed closet I can ever recall seeing in a room. The last thing you want is your bed lit up in the night with the hallway closet light based on a motion sensor in an open slat closet. Luckily the light went off fairly quickly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear georgierocks,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I apologize for any shortcomings you encountered during your stay with us. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and I am sorry that you were displeased with the choice of room types available. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I am pleased to share with you that our guest rooms will be completely renovated at the end of the year including the painting of all rooms and installation of new light fixtures. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the IC Cleveland. The hotel was extremely clean, comfortable and the rooms very well appointed.

I especially appreciated the fact that my room was turned down for me with having to ask for it. Nice touch!

Manya in the Intercontinental Club was very kind and helpful and went out her way to make me feel welcome. She helped make my stay extra special.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
ExecutiveOffice_AS, Executive Office Administrative Assistant at InterContinental Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear USA_Admirer,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It’s something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to Manya and our turndown staff. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope we can welcome you back to Cleveland soon!