InterContinental Hotel Cleveland
$130
$118
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewssky bridgetable restaurantcoast cafeau bon painclub levelconference centerroom servicerooms are largevalet parkingthird flooreasy accessuniversity circleseverance hallwonderful hoteldesk staffart museumstayed one night
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have stayed here before and was happy until now. The location is great for conferences and the rooms are spacious. My complaint was with the housekeeping. Our cleaning staff did not replace the towels or water glasses, and the coffee pot wasn't cleaned and restocked. I had to call the front desk to get things replaced and they came promptly with the towels but the glasses arrived an hour later, after we were in bed! Not happy!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Laurie H
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Laurie H,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of the hotel. We are sorry that your recent visit to the hotel was disappointing. We take our guests comments seriously and are currently making necessary changes in housekeeping. Should you need to travel to Cleveland again, please give us another opportunity.

Kim Knoll
Business Travel Sales Manager

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I travelled to Cleveland for a conference which was being held at the Intercontinental. This hotel is located on the campus of the Cleveland Clinic. Some people have complained about the parking, but it has an enclosed walk way that takes you right to the hotel elevator. Don’t let that be a deterrent.

The entire check-in process was simple. We arrived early and the staff was very pleasant. The room was worth the group rate, but I would not have paid any more for it. It is your old school “luxury” hotel. It def. lacks the modern WOW factor, but it is a nice clean hotel.

If you want to know my major complaint is that there is not a single vending machine or soda machine in the entire hotel. The bellman was very friendly in explaining the options. The walk over to the Cleveland Clinic (enclosed) was very nice and the hospital is a sight all by itself. But the clinic only carries diet drinks. Diet Soda, Gatorade, juices, etc. I love their effort to be more health I just wish a hotel, with nothing around it, would allow its guest some way to pick up a quick beverage/snack.

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again if my conference was at the hotel, but it would not be my first choice if the conference was elsewhere.

Room Tip: No real views. be prepared for regular helicopter landings at the clinic.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Monacrh23
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed recently at the Intercontinental Cleveland Clinic for a wedding weekend, it had all the qualities expected from an Intercontinental but there were a few issues. Being part of the Cleveland Clinic it had a bit of an institutional feel. The parking was only available thru the valet, no real self park option available nearby. The hotel was beautifully appointed as would be expected from the brand but a few things were missing. in the bathroom while it had a separate shower and tub, there was not soap and hair items in each area. The beds were comfortable. the Wifi while free made it a bit of a hassle to have to log off one instrument to use another, if one travels with an Iphone, Ipad and or computer you need to log off one item to log onto another. Overall Intercontinental quality but a few amenities lacking. If you need to be in the Cleveland Clinic area good choice but other options if don't need to be at Clinic.

Room Tip: If don't need a special handicap room make sure you get a standard room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Palman13
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

$105 on Hotwire for a king bed room. Room was very clean and modern except for the 1980's blue lounge chair. We were out late the night before attending a concert so the 12:00 check out time would be great for us, except for the fact that at 9:00 am house keeping started knocking.
Must valet park, no other option $24.00 to park a car.
We would stay again but would look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Cleveland for the first time to attend a concert at Severance Hall.Knowing nothing about the area I listened to the suggestion of the employee at the ticket office when ordering my tickets and then went about making reservations. One warning; be very specific as there are two InterContinentals and you may get booked as I did in the wrong location.After a bit of verbal wrestling I managed to book the correct location. Absolutely loosen your wallets for the concierge level. My room fantastic,service perfect, and more food, beverages and treats than desired.The hotel has a car service available which we used and our only complaint was getting stuck waiting at Severance Hall because they neglected to tell us 11pm was their last service run.
Overall a memorable stay and I will seek out InterContinental Hotels for future bookings.

Room Tip: Concierge level a must.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends