My very, very pregnant daughter and I arrived at this empty hotel around 12:30 on Saturday after a 6 hour flight in order to attend a 1pm funeral and memorial service. We were told our room wasn't ready and we could sit in the lobby until 3pm. I explained that we wanted to freshen up after the flights in order to attend the services - the clerk seemed dumbfounded. I, again repeated the desire and she offered an alternative room (suite) at a higher price. We accepted the offer, having no choice. Suite, it was not (sour would've been more appropriate), just a plain old room with less amenities that the one we'd reserved.
Later that evening, we went to dinner in the restaurant. Another disappointment - restaurant staff we very pleasant but the food was awful.
On check-out the next day, I shared our concerns with the manager and her response was like, 'yeah' that the way it goes. Couldn't believe it.
On check out the next dayThe hotel staff was very rude, restaurant staff very friendly but cuisine lousy - guess that's why it was empty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Cleveland is situated on the campus of the prestigious Cleveland Clinic, less than two kilometres (one mile) from the University Circle cultural and arts district. Legacy Village shopping and entertainment, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Progressive Field and the Historic Warehouse District are all within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Hotel Cleveland Ohio