“Beautiful architecture”
Review of West Side Market

West Side Market
Ranked #3 of 187 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: Built in 1912, this thriving public market offers fresh produce, meat, dairy products and a delicious variety of prepared foods.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm glad we did not miss seeing the market; the architecture is outstanding and if we hadn't been travelling for another week, I could have purchased a lot more. Fresh veggies/fruit stands, baked goods, etc were so tempting.

There are newer reviews for West Side Market

Reviewed June 16, 2013

If I lived in Cleveland, I'd go here three times a week.
They have fresh fruits and vegetable stands (open air) on one side, and the interior hall has a huge variety of meats, cheeses, bread, pastries, pastas, and prepared foods.
Go upstairs (the stairs are near the coffee stand in the corner) for a view of the entire hall.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We browsed around, but weren't able to buy much since we had to transport it back to Buffalo. I realized I had a cooler bag, so we used growlers to keep everything cool, and bought various types of bacon and jerky to bring back to Buffalo. We also purchased some amazing cupcakes. I am sad we don't live closer! I would do all of my shopping here!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The renovated space is great and they spiffed up the entire place. There is no better place in Cleveland to shop for farm-fresh meats, vegetables, cheeses, and fruits. A visit there is a great experience all by itself but once you see the number of different ethnic foods, you'll be hard-pressed to figure what to buy next. It's a feast for ALL the senses. Just ask Al Roker!

1  Thank tmw2000
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Loved the variety of goods...baked, pastries such as baklava, cannolis, fresh rye bread to name a few. Meats, cheese and produce. The vendors were all nice. We were there at the end of the day Monday ( they close at 4 and are not there again until Wednesday) so be prepared for the produce vendors pushing their produce, offering deals and bagging it before you even say ok and they are the ones who pick the produce you buy, not you. I am sure they are giving you the very ripe that won't last till Wednesday, next day to open. Watermelon signs said $3.00 ; picked one and then when trying to pay...no, that watermelon is $10.00! There were no signs with that price. Put it back. I will go back but more prepared next time, this was my first visit.

1  Thank Acrossthecountry