“Lovely patio with great food!”

Soho Chicken + Whiskey
Ranked #48 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In Ohio City
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a terrific spot. We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed the beautiful weather. The restaurant wasn't busy on a Tuesday evening. Very nice menu with great service. We had the biscuits plus fried green tomatoes and jalapeno hushpuppies to start. I had the shrimp and grits which were excellent; my husband had the duck gumbo soup and Mornin' Style chicken and waffles. All in all very good with great service. We will be back!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Since I work right down the street at Lutheran hospital, I have been meaning to try this restaurant ever since it opened, and finally made it Friday night. I like the fact that you can make a reservation, and when we got caught up in traffic And were a bit late, they were very accommodating. The food and service were both excellent, I got the trout which was amazing with perfect seasoning, my brother had the lamb belly and fried chicken and waffles which he loved, and my mom, who by the way has celiac disease and can't eat gluten still had plenty of options, got a special that was some kind of seafood stew that she really enjoyed.

I will definitely be coming back and would highly recommend it.

2  Thank laudee46
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a good restaurant. Not great, but what it lacks in culinary perfection it more than makes up for with a fun and different menu. Up here in Cleveland it's hard to find duck gumbo and shrimp and grits. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try either one, so I'll have to go again.

Our party of 5 shared 2 appetizers; fried green tomatoes and homemade barbecue potato chips with a pimento cheese dip. Both were good. We also downed a round of excellent hot biscuits with a great apple butter spread.

3 of us had the fried chicken, which is cornmeal crusted. It was piping hot, moist and very good.
The smoked gouda mac & cheese was unusual and good also. sone found the collard greens too spicy. One of us had the special; scallops wrapped in country ham, and said it was excellent. The final dish was crab crusted trout. The fish was well cooked and very tasty.

Nobody had room for dessert!

1  Thank jcsoh
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant .. The food is fresh and fun. It's southern comfort with a twist. The cocktails are fun with a southern spin. I love the food & drink here but the service is just as impressive. You are greeted with a friendly attitude from the minute you walk in the door and you feel welcome and comfortable. The biscuits with apple butter they give you before you order are so yummy! I could go on and on about the great quality of the food but I have to say the absolute highlight of our visit was the off the charts good deserts! Put the pecan pie on your bucket list! I do not normally care for pecan pie but this desert is incredible! I can not wait to return to SOHO.. I hope the staff keeps up the great job..it makes the entire stay that much more enjoyable!!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My most recent visit was my third time at this restaurant. I keep wanting it to be amazing and it always seems to fall short. The drinks are weak, so I for sure wouldn't go back for that. Their biscuits (in place of bread) are VERY yummy, and they have an apple butter spread that is great too. My friend and I ordered the Oysters Rockefeller, very good! We also ordered the Corn Cobb salad, which we both enjoyed. For entrees, we had the "mornin-style" (rosemary waffle and bourbon maple syrup) southern fried chicken and the LowCountry boil. The chicken and waffles were pretty good. The chicken was crisp, though the batter kept breaking off. (Not a huge issue as I really should be watching what I eat!) The Lowcountry boil I would definitely get again. I really don't recall the ham or crab, but the shrimp were huge, plenty of clams, loved the little potatoes and the beer broth was yummy! I definitely used the "soppin' toast" that came with it. We also ordered a side of the smoked Gouda Mac N Cheese - thoroughly disappointed. It tasted like nothing, bordering on bad. Even the gentleman clearing our plates commented on how he thought it was gross. We didn't eat much of it at all and I wouldn't recommend it.

We went on a Saturday night, the place was lively and service good. The patio I believe is new this summer and seemed to have a good crowd too. I would go back for a few of the dishes, but I probably wouldn't make a special trip for it.