“Big gyro and great market” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 1,813 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Big gyro and great market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Best gyro in cleveland. Also featured on many food network shows. On busy days get there early before they run out. Lines can get long but worth. Large portion. Sometimes me and my wife split on one. Only place to sit is on outside benches or upstairs on ledges. Great market also!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Keith H

Fountain Valley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average Tasting Gyro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

The gyro was good but definitely not the best I've ever had. The size is quite large but you pay a higher price for it. We went on a Saturday for lunch and had to wait almost an hour to get a gyro. I would suggest heading here early or during a weekday to skip on the lines.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Charles M
Aliso Viejo, CA
“Another Reason to Return Home (to visit)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you have never been to the West Side Market, SHAME ON YOU! As a native Clevelander who now lives on the west coast, this is one indulgence I allow myself whenever I am in town. My heart beats faster whn I think back to my younger days eating gyros at Best Steakhouse or Double Time in Akron. Steve's takes me back. There is always a line so deal with it. Messy, garlicky, meaty gyro goodness. Bring a bib and a fork if you order the large gyro. Good service and you get to people watch while in line. The Market is Cleveland.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Liam92656
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Another Cleveland gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Steve's is a vendor in the West Side Market, and they have amazing gyros! Lines can be ridiculously long, best to come early, but worth the wait. All parts: meat, bread, veggies, and awesome sauce are delicious. Tip: Get the large (which is huge), and two extra breads and two extra sauces, then divide the meat up to give 3 still large yummy gyros!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Daddin458
Jacksonville, Florida
“It Was Good But....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was good but, it wasn't the best gyro I've had. What it lacked in taste for me, it made up for in size. The regular size that I ordered was large, in my opinion, and jammed pack with meat, perhaps too much meat. The large cost about $8 and change. The tzatziki sauce was a bit unusual too in that it had a pink hue instead of the usual white I'm used too. Like I said, it was good, just not the best I've tasted, but the ambience of the West Side Market, a large indoor market located west of downtown Cleveland, certainly makes it worth the trip.

• Visited August 2013