“Average Tasting Gyro”

Steve's Gyros
Ranked #23 of 1,865 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The gyro was good but definitely not the best I've ever had. The size is quite large but you pay a higher price for it. We went on a Saturday for lunch and had to wait almost an hour to get a gyro. I would suggest heading here early or during a weekday to skip on the lines.

1  Thank Charles M

Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you have never been to the West Side Market, SHAME ON YOU! As a native Clevelander who now lives on the west coast, this is one indulgence I allow myself whenever I am in town. My heart beats faster whn I think back to my younger days eating gyros at Best Steakhouse or Double Time in Akron. Steve's takes me back. There is always a line so deal with it. Messy, garlicky, meaty gyro goodness. Bring a bib and a fork if you order the large gyro. Good service and you get to people watch while in line. The Market is Cleveland.

1  Thank Liam92656
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Steve's is a vendor in the West Side Market, and they have amazing gyros! Lines can be ridiculously long, best to come early, but worth the wait. All parts: meat, bread, veggies, and awesome sauce are delicious. Tip: Get the large (which is huge), and two extra breads and two extra sauces, then divide the meat up to give 3 still large yummy gyros!

2  Thank Daddin458
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was good but, it wasn't the best gyro I've had. What it lacked in taste for me, it made up for in size. The regular size that I ordered was large, in my opinion, and jammed pack with meat, perhaps too much meat. The large cost about $8 and change. The tzatziki sauce was a bit unusual too in that it had a pink hue instead of the usual white I'm used too. Like I said, it was good, just not the best I've tasted, but the ambience of the West Side Market, a large indoor market located west of downtown Cleveland, certainly makes it worth the trip.

1  Thank mahadevarise
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Alright lets get it out of the way, the line is long. In fact it got even longer as we waited, but I would wait in that line all over again for a taste of that yummy meat and sauce. my husband and I split a jumbo gyro, it was a ton of meat, had to eat the meat down before we cold even take our first real bite. It was delicious! It was a Friday afternoon when we stopped and the service was friendly, one of the cooks was sure to let everyone know in line two times while we were waiting on meat to heat up, what was going on so people wouldn't get too grouchy. If you have the time and some patience check it out you won't be sorry!!

2  Thank Jocelyn D