“great servers make great restaurants”
Review of Cowell & Hubbard

Cowell & Hubbard
Reserve with OpenTable
Cowell & Hubbard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #94 of 1,844 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44115
Cleveland, Ohio
“great servers make great restaurants”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I am one of Zack's raving fans from the Z days. So when I dine at any of his fine establishments, I always expect superlative cuisine. Tonight was no exception. The food was delightful. The exception was Ian, our bartender, server. Ian made our dining experience exceptional. He was extremely well versed on the menu and wine list. He took the time to learn about my preferences and guided me in the right direction expeditiously. Per his suggestion, I had the special split pea soup and it was just that. He recommended both of our salads. Delicious! My friend had the cod and I had a dumping like appetizer that was more than enough as my meal. He was very enthusiast about the culinary details.
Zack, you have a "gem" at Cowell. It will forever be my go to place before the theater.

• Visited March 2014

Portland, Oregon
“2014 Restaurant Week find”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We came during Restaurant Week and ordered from their prix fix menu. My husband and I tried different items for each course and we enjoyed our meals. We especially liked the olive oil dipping for their bread so much, we bought a bottle (you can also buy it at Heinen's). The service is joint effort with team wait staff and each one was friendly and attentive. The portions were good - this is worth mentioning since my experience with "events or promotions like Restaurant Week" in other places is that the restaurant will skimp or food not as delicious. We were happy to find this restaurant lived up to its other reviews.

Would recommend and return.

Willow, Alaska
“Upscale, modern touches, delicious”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Dinner was very much enjoyed. The atmosphere is upscale and modern with the service youthful, yet professional. The food is wonderful with modern touches. My main entree, the Osso Buco was delicious. My guest had the scallops, which she said were exceptional. The prices were reasonable for the quality of the food and certainly not as pricey as some of Cleveland's more pricey restaurants.

1 Thank Lonnie2013
Pinckney, Michigan
“Fantastic service and food”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Showed up for dinner on Valentines Day after a last-minute reservation, and they were packed as you might expect. However, the staff was working like a machine to get people in and out without ever making you feel rushed, and we were seated only a couple minutes after our reservation time.

Our waiter was enthusiastic and helpful and gave some recommendations when we asked for them (although I am sure that pretty much anything at this restaurant would be delicious!). I absolutely loved the Truffled Chicken Breast, and my date raved about his salmon. The food is pricier, but it isn't absurdly expensive, either.

I'd definitely return!

1 Thank Michelle B
Cleveland, Ohio
“Wonderful but toooo salty!!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

this restaurant is in a beautiful space and has some of the most creative dishes in Cleveland. It also has the best staff after L'Albatros in the city. However, after the last couple visits, I think I will stop eating here for a while as the food has become way too salty. The dishes are creative with such great ingredients that you don't really get to taste because the salt is overwhelming. Which is too bad....they used to have a great duck dish, scollop dish, lamb dish and the fishes were great...but all the salt has left a bad taste to this food.

• Visited December 2013