“Spring peas soup ooh lala!”

Spice Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #86 of 1,854 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: WHERE THE LOCALS EAT LOCAL. "An endless procession of chefs voice devotion to sustainable agriculture. Few Northeast Ohio restaurateurs exhibit so finely honed a commitment to farm-to-table cuisine as the Bebenroths." - Joe Crea, Dining Editor, Northeast Ohio Media Group At Spice, orders for "the usual" have been replaced by requests like, "I'll take whatever's growing." Our food and drink menus change seasonally, and our daily specials are infused with just-picked ingredients from our on-site hoop house or our farm in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. To Chef Ben Bebenroth, buying local is all about supporting independent growers who are strong stewards of our land. Our goal is to source at least 80% of all ingredients from small family farms practicing sustainable forms of agriculture within a 150-mile radius of Cleveland. Our revenue is kept within the community, not spread among a national corporate franchise, to help build momentum toward the revitalization of our city neighborhoods. For you, this means fresher, nutrient-dense ingredients that you can trust, prepared from scratch by classically trained chefs. Located at the gateway to Gordon Square Arts District, about 10 minutes west of downtown Cleveland, Spice also offers creative indoor and outdoor special events spaces for those seeking a new celebration destination.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Spring peas soup ooh lala!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The spring pea soup was superlative. I didn't think I would like a chilled soul, however, nothing is further than the truth.
I liked it so much, I went back the next day for another round.
Everything at Spice is always fresh, organic and brilliantly prepared.
Spice is one of Cleveland's best kept secrets.

• Visited July 2013

Cleveland
“creative food, great service, cool atmosphere in Gordon Square area”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Dinner for two couples this past weekend. Preprandial cocktails were great, followed by creative little plates and four great dinners. The smokey shrimp bisque special was excellent. My husband was delighted with his lamb two ways and my friend and I enjoyed the ramps and mushroom ravioli. First time but we will be back. Great value and fun venue along with very pleasant and friendly service. Sorta quite around 7 on a Saturday night but packed by the time we left after 8:30.

• Visited June 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Nice outdoor seating and attentive service in a Detroit-Shoreway bar with good but pricey food.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Met several colleagues for a Thursday night business dinner. Bar and dinner service were quick and pleasant without disrupting our conversation. I had tomato bisque, beautifully presented, $9, and lamb two ways with mashed potatoes and green beans, $30. Both were delicious. Patio seating behind the building was quiet and not too crowded. This restaurant is one long block east of Gordon Square on Detroit Avenue, definitely urban but safe enough.

• Visited May 2013
cleveland
“Really fresh food”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Met some friends for dinner and we enjoyed EVERYTHING! We started with their chickpea fries and sauce- very tasty. The mushroom beignets melted in your mouth. We each had a salad - FRESH. We split the ravioli's (they were out of the one listed on the menu but the substitutes were delish anyway) and than we split the pork loin- it was a large piece and also had great flavors to it. Nice and relaxing atmosphere, not rushed.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank clevelandbiffOrd
Cleveland, Ohio
“Local food and lots of it”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went here after finding an apartment in Cleveland this week. The food was really good. We got the cornbread and chickpea fries for apps and they were delicious. The cornbread is served with some sort of rosemary bacon butter which I didn't eat because I'm not a bacon person. I got the Bibb salad and the potato stuffed ravioli and spinach puree, both cooked well and in season. A friend of mine and my mom ordered off the restaurant week menu and weren't disappointed. The apple cobbler is amazing and the ice cream with it is home made! Definitely a restaurant to go back to, but it is a little bit pricey.

• Visited March 2013