“Fabulous Birthday Cocktail Party”
Review of Velvet Tango Room

Velvet Tango Room
Ranked #9 of 90 Nightlife in Cleveland
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Shared my birthday with a group of gal pals at VTR. It was an absolutely fabulous experience. Lara is a beautiful young women with the style and grace of someone born in the 1930's. She is generous with her smile and her knowledge. The four of us all ordered our first round of drinks based solely on her recommendation and they were glorious. The second round of drinks should all but me ordering the same drink as the first, but I wanted to try yet another delicious concoction so I ended up with a spicy chica and a ninth ward. Both fabulous drinks. 20 pounds of fresh ginger is cooked down each week to make ginger beer and ginger syrup. Drinks do use fresh eggs, especially the awe inspiring Egg Nogg. The drinks are all $18.00 each but the venue is an experience. There are a few small plate appetizers available or opt like we did to have flaming bananas foster made tableside. Will be returning and will be reserving a spot in the back room the next time. Might even pull out some 1930's garb and get into the true spirit of the VTR.

3  Thank cuddaqueen

Reviewed September 25, 2013

To start things off on an honest note... All cocktails are $18 unless noted on the menu. So do not think you are going to have a inexpensive evening at VTR. Each cocktail is made to order so you must have patience while your order is coming up. If you are in a rush go somewhere else. My dear friend and I had a girls night out and enjoyed our experience. With the assistance of our very friendly bartender we both picked out 2 cocktails... Pisco Sour, Caipirinha, Indian Lime Fizz & Lady in White. Our water was refilled as soon as it was half empty but the staff. The Velvet Tango Room is a nice change of pace from the usual bar scene,

2  Thank Klabens
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I went there last night with a group of people and have never experienced worse service in my life. We got there pretty late - around 12:45 and as soon as we walked in they locked the door so that nobody else comes in, although we had more people joing our party. The waitress was a very sweet girl that told us there would be no problem if others joined us. The manager, on the other hand, was so rude to us and her attitude was horrible. First of all, she told us they are closing at 1 although the website clearly says they are open till 2. Then she tells us she will not serve us and that we need to leave. She even went as far as telling me to make sure the chair doesn't hit me on the way out. They just lost some serious business here because of her and I will never go back there again which is such a shame because it truly is a great place. The owner really needs to re-evaluate who he is hiring to run his business. She does not deserve to work there. Her attitude was horrible. I have never been disrespected like that in my life.

7  Thank Alex_Coman
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The later the better with your visit. Ths is a slice of excitement that extends your evening with a great cocktail. A rose was given to the lady as we entered. The patrons have an edge about them with the devil in their eyes. Live music some nites. A private back room from the gangster movies is a great visit. I remember being with a hot lady one evening and she got us thrown out. Hate to miss a nite, a fun nite .

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Popped in to try some of the signature cocktails on our first night in Cleveland. The place was relatively empty when we walked in but the bar tenders were full of pep, passion, and patience. We had a multitude of questions about the drink menu and the were pleased to answer all of our questions along with recommendations. We enjoy all of our cocktails as it is definitely a place to see while in Ohio City. We even got a sneak peak behind closed doors and saw the back room and patio used for reserved parties which was a real treat.

1  Thank DRsMama