“We do love fish!”

Greater Cleveland Aquarium
Ranked #27 of 193 things to do in Cleveland
More attraction details
Owner description: The Greater Cleveland Aquarium energizes curiosity by passionately educating and entertaining about aquatic life and conservation. Set in a powerhouse built in 1892, see an octopus, touch stingrays, meet African tortoises, discover seahorses and jellies in more than 50 exhibits. Don't miss the 170-foot SeaTube, surrounding guests with sharks, eels, fish and rays.
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for an afternoon, we were there when school was in and before work let out so there were very few people there which made for a very nice visit. The staff was a very nice and happy to chat with us about the aquatic life, we also got to see the shark feeding. We love fish and meandering through places like this so we found the aquarium quite enjoyable.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a small aquarium but I'm impressed with the wide range of aquatic life on display. The sting rays were very rare and wanted to be touched. There were also two large tortoises that impressed me. The gift shop was not that impressive. Too bad the location is not in a more attractive part of town.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Amazing 1800's building transformed into a cool aquarium! Yes it is small but it has a great variety of fish. We arrived just as the aquarium was opening and basically had the place to ourselves! Staff was friendly and informative! We loved all of the wall fish tanks and petting the sting rays. The sharks are close up and swim above you in the cool tunnel! We spent about an hour with our 5 year old. We then walked across the parking lot and caught the lunch boat cruise!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This treasure is difficult to find, but worth the effort. The staff is very educated and hands-on explaining the fish and features of the aquariums. The shark tube will capture your attention. The stingray exhibit was the best part and the first time I've pet a stingray. Very fun!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

It was almost 70 dollars to get in with my family of 4 and we felt that it was a TOTAL waste of money. The aquarium is small and the shark attraction was the worst I've ever seen. Now, I do understand that the aquariums I've visited in Florida and along the coast will be much better so maybe I'm spoiled. If I were you, I would save my money and take my family elsewhere. It was actually kind of lame.

2  Thank Comeonnow723