Pros: This was our second time staying at this hotel & our visit in February was for 18 days. We selected this hotel primarily because of its location on the Cleveland Clinic Campus, the CC free shuttle bus service from the hotel to various stops within the confines of the clinic, the loveliness of the hotel upon entering the lobby, suites which offered a separation of beds from the sitting area, & the reduced price afforded to Cleveland Clinic guests. We felt the price for our suite was a decent value. We were most impressed by the extremely accommodating staff which included valets, bellmen, front desk check-in, dining staff (Diane was a real jewel in
her helpfulness with morning orders 'to go.'), Bernadette, who was the ultimate Concierge with her helpful tips, & the housekeeping staff who were always willing to clean our room when it 'suited us' & made a point of asking if we needed 'anything.' We feel the hotel reflects quality management. We will definitely stay at this hotel again when returning to Cleveland in April.
Cons: We definitely have several grievances with the cost of services at this hotel (which in no way is a reflection of the staff). I have read other complaints in regard to the overly-priced dining menu. We had lunch our first day of arrival & were disappointed with a watery soup & over-priced turkey sandwiches. Thankfully, other guests recommended the restaurant and/or cafeteria at the Main Cleveland Clinic Bldg. Other than the fabulous steel- cooked oat meal in the hotel dining room, we had all of our meals at the Main bldg. The food is well prepared & a wide selection of entrees is offered. Compare the price of delicious home-made soups for only $3 (large), compared to the hotel lackluster soup of $7. Hint--get there early for best selection, as items will not be replenished later in the day. The parking at the hotel is expensive & your vehicle is exposed to the outside elements. For a better deal, park at one of the covered garages at the Clinic ($50 coupons can be purchased for $30, or just pay $10 per day for shorter stays). Last, but not least is the lack of complimentary coffee in the hotel lobby until 9:00 AM in the morning. I have stayed at hotels across the United States & have observed that the coffee is one of the amenities This is just plain CHEAP!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio