My wife and I stayed here for 10 nights in December, during which time I spent 5 nights at the adjoining Cleveland Clinic for orthopedic surgery.
First and foremost, the location on the Cleveland Clinic campus cannot be beat, if that is the focus of one's visit. My wife and I walked the block and a half to the surgery unit and then, upon discharge, avalied myself of the special shuttles available through the clinic for wheelchair-bound patients. There are also shuttle buses to take guests to local shopping centers, museums and restaurants (l'Albatros is outstanding). Additionally, the rates are very reasonable for guests who stay more than a week.
The layout of the rooms is ideal, and much better than the grander Intercontinental property on the campus. There is a sitting room with microwave, frig and coffee maker, as well as a bedroom with two queens --- ideal for our situation after I was discharged as an inpatient. The hotel lobby was fine and the corridors by the hallways to the rooms are hung with attractive art work depicting local Great Lakes scenes.
However, the services are pretty mediocre. Our first morning, there was no coffee in the room, so I called to get some. After awhilet the maid brought Keurig pods, but we had a drip machine. This was actually a blessing, as we never would have known they had Keurig machines if it were not for this snafu. We swapped our old drip for a pod machine.
The maid service throughout our stay was pretty poor. Evidently, the staff is not adequately supervised. After cleaning the room, the maid would regularly leave the bolster pillows with fabric on the floor, rather than placing them back on the beds. All the maid did was make the beds --- one day there were no clean towels, they never vacuumed until my wife called them back to do it after our 6th day and their idea of cleaning up was pretty sad (see attached photos of how the room looked after the maid service had been completed). When you stay in a hotel for a night or two, such lapses are easily overlooked, but after 10 days they start to take a toll.
The room service was fair. One night we had a tasty pasta bolognese which was delivered without a hitch. On another occasion, when I had to mleave promptly for a follow-up appoinment at the Clinic, they only brought one coffee cup for the large carafe of coffee. So I called and quite a while later a second cup arrived. Then I discovered they had forgotten the brown sugar and the raisins for the two oatmeals we had ordered, so they had to go back after bringing the cup and get those. It's sad when a simple order of coffee and oatmeal gets bungled.
The food in the dining room was variable. Some items were tasty, but other items such as the salmon with artichoke were so salty as to render them in edible. On his last occasion, the manager (all the serving staff were pleasant) comped us with a free glass of wine for my wife.
So all-in-all, this hotel has great potential, if only it can get it's staff up to speed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio