InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland
$115
$108
Doubletree.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront desksmall kitchenetteroom servicevalet parkingliving roomkeurig coffee makerclinic campussitting areaking suitetwo blocksvalet servicefitness centerlate at nightrestaurant staffthe entire hotelmini fridgehousekeeping staff
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

I'm bitter over one thing. This one thing would make me not stay here again. It's basically a Holiday Inn with nice furniture. My major beef is there guest laundry facility. This is suppose to be a service to there guest. It's price gouging. $5.00 to wash and $4.00 to dry. Fluff and fold is almost the same price as this. I travel quite often and do my own laundry in many hotels. This is more then double of most places. TIP: there's a coin opp down the street that is reasonable go there and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Bkcarico,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments of your recent stay. With our renovations in 2011, we added a Laundry Lounge as an amenity for our guests and provide them with an option to launder their own laundry. This additional amenity is not a standard for InterContinental Hotels; however, we felt our guests would benefit from having one on property.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us the next time you visit Cleveland.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

A hotel that caters to hospital patients refuses to turn on the AC. We called the front desk on our first night to tell them we had our thermostat set on 65 and couldn't get anything but warm air. They sent up an engineer who told us the chillers had not been turned on yet and to open the windows. Worked okay the first night which was cooler. The next day was short sleeve weather and still no AC on. Returned from the hospital after heart surgery and our room was 78 degrees. We left the room with the blackout curtains shut to help keep the room cooler. We called the front desk and the Asst. Manager and could not get the air turned on. Do Not Stay here without confirming if they have decided to switch from heat to AC or you will be miserable! After surgery, we had to pack up and move to another hotel!

We stayed at this hotel in February as well and did not have this problem, but it was bitter cold at that time, not warm. This hotel decides which system to turn on, heat or AC. Their choice may not be your choice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank SandKVA

Dear SandKVA,

I sincerely apologize your stay with us was not pleasant. It is true the hotel has a two pipe HVAC system and the chillers were not yet turned on. When the weather becomes warmer than usual, we have to consider many things including how warm are the nights and how many days is the warm weather expected to last.

Again, I apologize your recent stay was unsatisfactory and I have shared your comments with the management team to look for ways to improve our current procedures.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Suites Hotel and while the hotel facilities are nice, the hotel staff is unhelpful and dishonest in my experience. I arrived at the hotel around 11 am after a red-eye flight and upon check in, asked the front desk staff if there were any rooms available for check in. In almost every other hotel I've been to, there are a few rooms available for early check-in, if other guests have departed early and the cleaning staff have prepared the room. Without even bothering to take a single minute to check on the status of their rooms, the front desk attendant just said "NO" and then refused to even look. I had an important event later that day around 2 pm that I was hoping to take a shower and get dressed for, but I was forced to wait in the lobby and then go straight there after having spent the night on an airplane. I am personally perplexed at how the hotel staff managed to know there were no rooms available WITHOUT EVER BOTHERING TO LOOK when people are constantly checking out of their rooms around that time in the morning.

Another instance is when I called the hotel to ask for information on any public transportation options to go from the airport to the hotel. Now, I'm not that familiar with Cleveland but I have heard about their RTA system. The hotel staff that answered my phone call repeatedly insisted that "There is no way to get from the airport to the hotel except by taking our cab service" and provided no further explanation. It would be understandable if they did not advise this option because of safety issues or another reason, but it seems just proposterous that they would straight out deny that there is public transportation that gets you here from the airport.

All in all, the hotel rooms are nice and the beds are comfortable, but the staff they have are either only helpful to people who are extremely wealthy and flash their wealth or they are just completetly misinformed, stupid, and lazy. I personally expect "the best hotel in Cleveland" to treat their customers with more class.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NoneofyourbusinessA

Dear NoneofyourbusinessA,

I apologize that you did not receive the InterContinental experience and what makes our hotel the Best in Cleveland. We strive to ensure our guests receive the best attention, which includes being knowledgeable of our local transportation. I have discussed this with our management team so we can ensure all of our associates are providing correct information to everyone.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I purchases the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame package - included room, two tickets, transportation, and breakfast at the C2 restaurant within the hotel. We had an excellent stay. The hotel was very clean, almost serene, and staff incredibly helpful. Our suite was lovely, with sitting area, large bathroom and bed. Very comfortable; I slept like a baby. Breakfast was very good - ample buffet, several healthy choices as well as eggs/bacon/sausage, etc. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: our room had an ionizer - the room smelled so clean!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mushroombrie

Dear mushroombrie,

Thank you for taking time to share your memorable experience with everyone. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

From the moment we walked on property it was a breath of fresh air! The hotel is very modern with an emphasis on wellness, which is great for those going through stressful medical treatments. The valets, the bellman, the front desk staff were ALL very welcoming and helpful upon arrival and throughout our stay. We stayed for a total of 8 nights and almost felt sad that we had to leave! I travel quite a bit for business and this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at!

Pros:
Great staff!
Updated and clean rooms
Nice restaurant on site (a little pricey but you are in a major city and convenience is everything)
Free shuttle to the Cleveland Clinic that is available at all hours
Short walking distance (two blocks) to the Clinic if you prefer not to ride the shuttle
Great Check-In and Check-Out process
Decent Fitness Center
Good Room Service (food was hot and didn't take too long to arrive)
Microwave and Fridge were clean and in great working order

Cons:
I can't think of any!!!

Overall the Intercontinental Suites made our visit to the Cleveland Clinic a stress free experience. I would recommend anyone that is visiting to Cleveland to stay at the Intercontinental Suites!

Room Tip: The King Suites are great with a nice king sized bed and a separate room with a pull out sofa.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank AZDisneyfans
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear AZDisneyfan,

Thank you for the glowing recommendations!