“Overall satisfied”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Overall satisfied”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

A couple of things that I would like to point out. Hotel has perfect location for visit to the Clinic. You can walk 5 min. to the Clinic and a food court with many choices. Most are only open for lunch but there are some open at night and one specialty sandwich shop open 24 hrs. Had coffee at the hotel but don't eat breakfast.
I ate at G2 in the hotel first night there. It was $60 for 1 person and the portions were very small. I ate lunch the next day at the food court for less than $6. Good service, food and presentation at G2, however. Don't get stuck in a room by the elevator. The bell identifying the floors could be toned down considerably. It is so loud you can hear amost every floor til it gets to yours and if you're a light sleeper it will wake you up when it passes your floor. I was awakened at 12:50 a.m. once.
I must emphasize rooms are nice, roomy, comfortable and clean as are most Intercontinentals.
I had an early flight and went downstairs to ask for a taxi since I was told the night before taxis are readily available within min. but let me have you talk to the bellman, The number rang several times and no one picked up so I hung up. Next morning I was told a taxi would take an hour but a private company would take about 15 min. I didn't believe it would take a taxi an hr., never has, but shrugged it off. 35 min. later the private company arrived to pick me up. It was a completely unmarked passenger van like a Honda or Dodge or the sort. I felt uncomfortable in an unmarked vehicle not knowing if it was insured or not. If not so late I would have asked for a bonded taxi company. It was more expensive than the Yellow Cab I took from the airport by the way. Overall I was satisfied and will stay next time I'm in Cleveland, but will eat at the Food Court, not stay in a room by the overly noisy elevator and arrange for a taxi myself.

Room Tip: Again, don't stay close to elevator if you're a light sleeper, which many are. Wish I was on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gigi9341
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear gigi9341,

Thank you for being our guest and we are pleased your stay was satisfying. We value your comments and can understand not being comfortable in an unknown car. Please know the employees of the hotel would not offer a service that would harm any of our guests. The hotel has a contract with a respected, licensed, and insured local limousine company to provide transportation services for our guests. One of our requirements is that a sedan be on-site to assist with transportation needs.

Again thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest again.
Stay Well,
Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Otis, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Booked a room for 2 nights at this hotel on the Holiday Inn website. I travel for business and I am a platium member for Priority Clubs so I do this all the time, I did not notice though that the first rates that comes up on their website are non - refundalble rates. Two days before my stay was to begin I went back on the website and cancelled my reservations and received a cancellation number. I thought all was well. I was surprised then to see the total 2 night stay charged to my credit card, When I called the hotel they were adamant that I must pay for the entire 2 night stay even though I had a cancellation number, Since I travel for business and stayed in a different city that night I had to pay this out of my pocket. Travelers should be wary when booking a room at this hotel becuse if you make a mistake you will pay for the entire mistake.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank wally t
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear wallyT,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member with our loyalty program. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences the cancellation charges have caused you. To ensure that our policy is listed and clearly visible, I went through the entire booking process/cancellation on the website to verify your experience. The website lists our lowest available rates first; which happens to be the advance purchase non-refundable rates. The booking and cancellation process also have several notifications of our Terms and Conditions for booking the Advance Purchase and requires you to accept them. I sympathize with your situation and understand mistakes can occur.

Alaska
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband had surgery here in October at the Cleveland Clinic. We stayed in a suite so there was a seperate bedroom, plus a living room, dining area, fridge, and coffe maker, microwave.
So happy we stayed here. It was two blocks from clinic, a 5 min walk. I went back and forth all day long. Woukd go visit my husband in the morning, take a break and go home, go back and visit, then back to hotel. It was nice to be so close and then nice to get away a bit.
I have no idea why anyone would stay here if they weren't visiting the clinic/hospital. It's a medical area, sirens, ambulances, helicopters. Lots of activity but they are #1 for hearts in the nation for 18 years so you just got to ignore the noise.
I loved staying here. The food was so delicious from the resturaunt downstairs. The hospital had Au Bon Pain, Subway, McDonald's, a burrito place kind of like Qdoba and then hospital buffet food. That all got kind of tiring. Try the portabella, goat cheese sandwich and the veggie wrap at the hotel resturaunt it was A+.
Very clean. I was a little nervous walking back to hotel alone after dark. Never left later than 9pm but I didn't feel scared. Seemed to be people out. Lots of shuttles to and from hotel but I preferred to walk.
After my husband got out of the hospital we stayed a few more days and he slept alot. Day before we left I took this bus/ shuttle to the nicest mall it was free. The first time I asked about it I was told there was no free bus but there was. It picks you up and drops you. It may not be called a shuttle, it may be provided by Cleveland clinic but if u ask enough people they will direct you. We didn't have a car and didn't need one. The few hours at the mall was nice to shake the hospital feeling after so many days.
we were happy we stayed here.

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank AlaskansNeedtotravel
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear AlaskansNeedtotravel,

Thank you for being our guest and sharing your experience with others. We appreciate and value your comments.

Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed November 20, 2012

On campus of Cleveland Clinic and convenient to Case Western Reserve University. Breakfast was very good, with lots of choices and plenty of fresh fruit. Staff was vey good and helpful. Would definately recommend and will stay again next time I am in Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank theutican
Dear theutican,

Thank you for being our guest recently and we certainly look forward to your next visit.

Fort Collins, CO
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The service at this hotel is amazing, everyone is smiling and happy to help. The only downside was that's it's not really in walking distance to anything, you really have to take a can to get anywhere. The high tech conference rooms were great!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank kimmyk2314
Dear kimmyk2314,

Thank you for staying with us in November and sharing your great experiences.

Happy New Year,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently stayed here while in town for a concert at the Quicken Loans Arena. I feel that I knew it wasn't exactly in the downtown area, but was ok with the location since I had planned on checking out the museums and the University Circle area. This hotel is hard to spot while driving by but is right on the Cleveland Clinic campus and is a short distance from the art museums and Little Italy. However, it is a good distance from downtown and many other neighborhoods of the city, so research your transportation plan if you're coming. Also, the valet parking is reasonable and allows in-and-out privileges if you are planning to drive.

That said, I really was happy to stay here for the rate and the comfort and amenities. While not as upscale as some of the other Intercontinental Properties, it is still a very comfortable, clean and well-appointed hotel. I would have been happy to stay here during my days of heavy business travel. This is a big step up from other suites I've stayed in.

If I were in town again, I would definitely consider the Intercontinental Suites.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PittTrvlr
Dear PittTrvlr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay at the hotel. We are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel and certainly look forward to your next visit.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Absolutely awesome place to stay. We are SOOOOO glad we didn't end up at the Hilton. The taff was great and the restaurant was supurb. Check in and check out was perfect. What a great introduction to Cleveland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank JimC598
Dear Jim C,

We are glad you stayed at the InterContinental Hotel as well! Thank you for excellent reviews and comments and hope you will stay with us again.