“Never want to go there again”

InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland
Ranked #17 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel Three times. The first two were uneventful. The third visit was a disaster. The hotel is not all suites. We stayed in a room that was small and close to the elevator, with it bonging all night from floor to floor. We were staying there because I had a procedure late in the day. When we got to our room and ordered room service. I had not eaten in twenty hours so I was really looking forward to a good meal. We ordered a club sandwitch and I oredered a turkey burger,and a bottle of wine for $33.00. My turkey burger was burned and the cheese and mushrooms were dry. I also ordered avacado that I did not receive. My burger was without bread since I am on a gluten free diet was $17.00. The room charge of $2.00 to deliver and the 18.34% gratuity, plus tax brought the bill up to $81.00 dollars. We brought this up with the staff at the front desk. They could not address this and referred us to the manager of the restaurant. We waited for a call back and then waited ten minutes in the lobby for the manager to talk to us. Her approach was to bring a caculater to add the charges up. When we were still not pleased she threw in several 15% off any further orders. She would not address our dissatisfaction. We are members of Priority Club Rewards. This did not help. Given the vulnerability of the sugury I had gone through and the lack of sleep due to the endless bonging of the elevator and the room less than clean, we expected a better response to our complaints. The conveinant location will not influence our choice next time we have to stay in or around Cleveland.

Room Tip: Stay in a suite and away from the elevator and not on eighth floor with air conditioner noises.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank julie18
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear julie18,

We welcome all feedback especially from our loyal guests. Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your third visit with us. We certainly how disappointing you felt after a long day with the late procedure and you were looking forward to a relaxing stay and a good meal.

We take the comments seriously and thank you for bringing them to our attention. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and hope that we can restore your confidence in our giving us another opportunity to provide you with excellent InterContinental service.

In the meantime, please contact me directly to discuss in further.

216-707-4182

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for one night. I wanted a hotel with a great place to meet friends visiting Cleveland for a short weekend. The hotel was comfortable. The room well appointed. We had a great breakfast in the restaurant. Lovely lobby to meet other friends not staying in the hotel. A wonderful place to stay in Cleveland near Case Western Reserve University or University Hospitals of Cleveland.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank SharonMCleveland

Dear SharonMCleveland,

We are pleased to hear the your short weekend stay at the hotel was just what you wanted. Thank you for sharing your experience.

We certainly look forward to having you as our guest again.

Stay Well,

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

It is a very nice hotel, there is no a lot to dispute about this hotel.
I arrived checking was great /fast.
The sheets had not been change and I say because the same blonde hair in the bathroom I saw in bed. Next morning I stripped the beds.
My last day 5/6 children were playing near the elevator nor did they have manners; their key card did work so they runs through the lobby and cuts the line (where are the parents!) saying fix my key fix my key ..... They were no more than 6 and under.
Overal experience was nice, I don't rate it as a four star and location is not in safe walking distance to downtown. Next street over is horrible . Hotel sits in Cleveland Clinic Area.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank A D
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear A D,

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and I will share your comments with our colleagues.

Stay well,

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I loved my one-night stay at this beautiful, spiffy hotel. The decor is sophisticated, modern and sleak. The suite was super clean and roomy. The bed was so comfortable. I wish I could've stayed longer. I can't say too much more about this establishment, as I spent very little time here, but I have a great first impression and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank FAMILYTRAVELER07

Dear familytraveler07,

We are thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for your comments and taking the time to share them.

Stay Well,

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just stayed overnight. No pool. No free breakfast. And they charged $16 for valet parking on a Saturday. My question is: why would anyone pay for a "upscale" hotel when it offers no amenities and charges more to park the car (once) than gas costs? My favorite with IHG hotels is Staybridge Suites, and I also like Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: I did not score an upgrade to 2 bedroom suite even though I am a Priority Club platinum elite member...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DrRuhnow

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of IHG,Staybridge Suites and Holiday Inn Express Hotels. IHG has several brands to accommodate travelers that desire a luxury hotel and travelers requiring an extended stay hotel. The InterContinental Suites Hotel provides all of our guest luxurious accommodations and service. Our amenities are unique and differ from those amenities offered at our brand hotels like Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suites.

Thank you for staying with us and taking time to post your opinions on your most recent stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Nothing bad to say about the room. We stayed in a PURE suite and it was wonderful - clean, comfortable and modern. The cost of the room on the other hand added up quickly...there were four adults so we were charged $15 each for the 3rd and 4th occupants. The hotel only offers valet parking and we were told it would be $16 a day even though we were only staying one evening? Whatever the costs are, I would appreciate that they be included in the online quote immediately so that you can choose a hotel based on it's true costs. In this case the room was $62 more than I was quoted.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SHARINGmyOPINION

Dear SHARINGmyOPINION,

I recognize that unexpected costs can be troublesome and a burden. We have addressed this issue with online travel agencies i.e. Expedia, etc regarding their policy of not publishing or quoting additional costs for our guests. I apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will choose the InterContinental Suites Hotel when you travel to Cleveland again.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and giving me an opportunity to address the issues.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights while waiting for my Dad to have open heart surgery. So convenient for Cleveland Clinic and the staff is great ! Everyone was so friendly and helpful that made a difficult time bearable. Loved the rooms and the privacy. Beds were comfortable and large one bedroom suite worked great for 5 siblings! Keurig coffee was a wonderful surprise.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank HeidiandCarl

Dear Heidiloves20,

We are pleased you and your family loved the hotel and our colleagues were there to assist when needed.

Thank you for sharing your great comments on the website.

Stay well,