We traveled to Cleveland in mid-January on a combination business and leisure trip. We wanted to stay in a nice hotel but not downtown, so we picked the InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland. As a Platinum Ambassador member, we wanted a king suite on the Ambassador floor. The hotel offered a very attactive price for an excellent room.
However, our experiences at this hotel were mixed. Check-in and check-out were just fine. The suite was outstanding: spacious, comfortable, stylish, absolutely clean and with many amenities. On the distinctly down side was an almost total lack of acceptable food service. One evening we went to the C2 Restaurant, which we were told had been recently renovated. When we were seated at 6:30 pm on a Friday evening, this restaurant had no one else in it! The room and most of the furnishings are white and brightly illuminated, which created a totally harsh, unpleasant atmosphere. The service was mediocre. The menu, which the hotel envisioned as "trendy" and "international," simply was limited and uninteresting. The food was not too bad, when it finally was served. We had no better luck the following morning. We should have known to search out a Starbuck's rather than going back downstairs, but hey, how bad can a restaurant screw up a breakfast buffet? The answer is that getting a mediocre breakfast buffet at $15 each did not seem like a good idea, so we walked out.
In the list of "Good, Bad and Ugly" experiences, the last was after we checked out. We had valet parking (at $18 per night plus tips, as I recall). We asked to have our car brought up only to discover that it had been parked outside during our stay and was covered with snow and ice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio