“Convenient hotel for Cleveland Clinic stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
PR
“Convenient hotel for Cleveland Clinic stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

The Intercontinental Suites Hotel at Cleveland Clinic is a very good hotel if you are going to go to Cleveland Clinic. We stayed in a one bedroom and parlor suite and it was very confortable. There is free shuttle to and from the hospital and it is also at a walking distance. We had a mini bar with a small refridgerator and coffee machine. They have a downstairs coffee and sandwich place in the lobby. Everyone is very accommodating and very nice! The price is very good, especially for long stays! Highly recommended! Reservations in advance a must!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Dear Gimena B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the InterContinental Suites Hotel. We are grateful of your high recommendation for other guests to stay with us.

Business Travel Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

My stay at InterContinental Suites in Cleveland was comfortable. I was met at my car door by a hotel employee who assisted me out of the car and helped with my bags. The front desk staff was friendly and assisted with an early check-in since I was arriving from the airport. They even assisted with a late check out for the next day so that I wouldn't have to take my luggage with me to my Dr. appts. I was able to come back from my appts and take a nap prior to going to the airport. The one and only complaint I would have is that the rooms are kept warm and you are unable to control the thermostat. I called for assistance and was told I could "open my window." It was difficult falling asleep at night because I had to sleep with the window open and I heard all of the emergency vehicles traveling to the clinic. However, the beds where VERY comfortable! Overall, I my stay was great and I will definitely be back in a couple of months for my next appointment! Side note: There is a free Cleveland Clinic Shuttle that stops at the front door of the hotel and will take you to any of the Cleveland Clinic buildings! Nice added perk!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Angie O,

We are appreciative of your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us and look forward to having you as our guest again.

New York, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

I suppose many folks that stay at the Intercontinental Suites at the Cleveland Clinic are family members accompanying a loved one who is having treatment at the Clinic. This was our case, and we stayed at the Intercontinental Suites for two weeks. (Our two weeks was nothing compared to the family we met who has been staying at the hotel for eight months - and counting!)

I stay in Intercontinental hotels quite a bit around the world - in fact I am a platinum Ambassador member, so I am somewhat qualified to comment on different Intercontinentals in particular. As far as comfort goes, there are Intercontinentals that may be better designed and have nicer gyms or restaurants (that is even true of the Intercontinental Hotel on the Cleveland Clinic, which is clearly the more posh property); however, what this Suites hotel might lack in those expected niceties, it more than makes up for for the things that matter to customers in residence: proximity to the Cleveland Clinic (right at the campus), being a stop on the Cleveland Clinic shuttle route, and having a friendly and accommodating staff that is accustomed to anticipating and meeting the needs of family members and patients themselves who will likely be returning to the hotel for some days to continue recovery. The hotel knows how to take care of guests with any particular needs, and seems so well-integrated into the entire Cleveland Clinic system that it learly feels like an extension of the community - I suppose that it intentional, and it works.

A special shout-out to Khalid, one of the doormen at the hotel who was always there with a smile, a question of genuine concern about our own family member as we went back and forth to the Clinic, and offering any other help that might be needed. Khalid is generally representative of all of the great team that works at and manages the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank James H
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
Dear JamesNYC,

We recognize you as a Platinum Ambassador Member and we are grateful for your loyalty to InterContinental. Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our beautiful hotel and our accommodating staff. Our staff will be recognized for their extraordinary service.

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Very nice Hotel, the suites have everything you need to be comfortable while on business or visiting the city.

Wellness oriented, and the staff is very friendly.

The disposition of the concierge and shuttle service is amaizing.
In a fantastic location near to mostly everything.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AlejandroNava
Dear AlejandroNava,

Thank you for sharing your experiences of our friendly staff, amazing shuttle service, and nice hotel.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed here for almost a week. Wonderful hotel. Nice and clean lobby area. The suite was very comfortable. Spacious, fresh, equipped with everything one needs for an apartment stay. It's good to be able to relax in a nice clean suite after a day of work at the Cleveland Clinic/Case Western. The hotel also offered shuttle and pick up service to the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western. The food at the hotel restaurant was good although service was a little slow given that it was an early lunch that I took and there were only a couple servers around. A very good deal for the rate.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank duckioo
kknoll, Manager at InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Dear Duckioo,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased you found everything to be clean, comfortable and relaxing.

Stay Well,
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

In need of a break from the daily grind we checked into the Intercontinental Suites for a night of r and r. What a great choice. The service was excellent. From the minute we pulled up to the door we were greeted warmly. The front desk addressed us by name and couldn't have been more helpful or polite. The manager even called us to see how we were enjoying our stay. The only downside was we had to check out in the morning and go back to our real life. It sure was nice to be treated like royalty even for only one night.

Room Tip: Trust the front desk staff. We were asked about our preferences. They were really very helpful.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen123itsme
Dear Karen123itsme,

We are delighted you chose the InterContinental Suites Hotel for your evening of R&R. Thank you for taking time to share the wonderful experiences our colleagues provided during your stay.

Stay Well,
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend during a recent business trip. On checking in I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to one of the suites. I wouldn't particularly go round looking for things to complain about but if I did, in this hotel it would be a wasted effort. I used room service (which is usually much of a muchness) twice - the best delivery, quality of food I have experienced in a room, the C2 restaurant was also of equal standard. But for me, the best thing?.... THE STAFF, each and everyone of them had a hello and a smile and actually looked like it was their pleasure to work and serve there.
The hotel is a bit out the way for downtown but nevertheless offered itself as an oasis of peace, tranquility and quality.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business