I suppose many folks that stay at the Intercontinental Suites at the Cleveland Clinic are family members accompanying a loved one who is having treatment at the Clinic. This was our case, and we stayed at the Intercontinental Suites for two weeks. (Our two weeks was nothing compared to the family we met who has been staying at the hotel for eight months - and counting!)
I stay in Intercontinental hotels quite a bit around the world - in fact I am a platinum Ambassador member, so I am somewhat qualified to comment on different Intercontinentals in particular. As far as comfort goes, there are Intercontinentals that may be better designed and have nicer gyms or restaurants (that is even true of the Intercontinental Hotel on the Cleveland Clinic, which is clearly the more posh property); however, what this Suites hotel might lack in those expected niceties, it more than makes up for for the things that matter to customers in residence: proximity to the Cleveland Clinic (right at the campus), being a stop on the Cleveland Clinic shuttle route, and having a friendly and accommodating staff that is accustomed to anticipating and meeting the needs of family members and patients themselves who will likely be returning to the hotel for some days to continue recovery. The hotel knows how to take care of guests with any particular needs, and seems so well-integrated into the entire Cleveland Clinic system that it learly feels like an extension of the community - I suppose that it intentional, and it works.
A special shout-out to Khalid, one of the doormen at the hotel who was always there with a smile, a question of genuine concern about our own family member as we went back and forth to the Clinic, and offering any other help that might be needed. Khalid is generally representative of all of the great team that works at and manages the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio