“Great with one exception”

InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 9, 2011

This place was very close to being perfect (and I'm a picky hotel stayer), but with one significant exception. First the good:
- Very clean rooms
- Great fitness center. Many times "fitness center" means a tiny room with a treadmill and an old TV. This place was great. They have a few treadmills, I think an eliptical or 2, a bunch of dumbells, yoga / stretching mats you can use, and a machine for doing lat pull downs, leg lifts, etc. On top of that, they had a water cooler, and a basket of apples for all to enjoy. Oh, and a big pile of clean towels to use. Also, a big flat screen TV.
- Very friendly staff.

The only down side was that my room was cold, and I couldn't control the temperature. My room was 67 degrees--I like it a little warmer. I tried to turn it up, but just luke-warm air came out of the vent. I mentioned at the front desk that it wasn't working, and they said they control it down there and if it gets too hot you open a window to control the temperature. They said OK, they would increase the temp in my room. Well the next day it was up to just 68. I thought it was pretty lame that I couldn't control it, and they didnt' really turn it up for me.

Other than that, perfect. Too bad my wife won't stay there b/c she likes the room nice and toasty warm.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed in the Intercontinental Suites Cleveland while at a conference a few weeks ago and can't say anything bad about the place!! They ended up placing me in their Presidential Suite (which I was certainly not important enough to warrant but enjoyed mightily) which basically felt like having a palace to myself. I spent some time working in the hotel, as well as used the gym and other amenities and everything was quite spectacular! Everyone was exceptionally friendly and helpful in getting me oriented and exploring cleveland in the off hours too!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex W
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had to take a trip to Cleveland from Maryland to the Cleveland Clinic because of medical reasons for my husband. We stayed in this resort and it was wonderful. Business center, great food, lobby fireplaces.....just great. We had a wonderful dinner and then went up to our room to get some rest for the next days appointment. We we checked out the next day, we brought our luggage down for the valet to put in our car so we could leave as soon as the appointment was over. This was at about 12:00 noon. We arrived back to the resort and asked the valet to bring our car around. We waited for about 15 minutes and the valet came back and said something in his managers ear. We, being from the country, and this resort being in a very BAD part of Cleveland, forgot to take our GPS out of the windshield. Our brand new, not even had made one payment on it yet, window had been busted just for a $100 GPS. The resort was so upset and they were wonderful. We got reimbursed back for our room, supper room the night before, lunch the day of and they were trying to find a Dodge dealer to put a new drivers side window in before we left so we didn't have to drive 4 1/2 hours home with the window down. Chilly that night! They helped us in everyway possible, but it was not the resorts fault. WARNING.....if you ever have to go their take your stuff out of your car and request that the car be parked where one of the five (5) camera's can pick up burgulary. Thanks to everyone that works there.

Room Tip: Any room in the Hotel is wonderful with a healthy food. It is the best hotel to choose should you e...
1  Thank DonKay S
Reviewed October 25, 2011

The shuttle service to and from the Cleveland Clinic was the main reason we selected this hotel. The shuttle service was excellent, the hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel was very clean, there was a nice restaurant in the hotel, and there were three elevators which were all clean and very fast. My room had a coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, hair dryer, and even an iron and ironing board. I was very pleased with this hotel and would definitely recommend it and gladly stay in this hotel again.

1  Thank October123_11
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice and each time, I am more amazed by the excellent service of the front desk, the quality of the rooms(we had a suite which provided a refrigerator and microwave), the most comfortable bed, large size of the room also. The bed is wonderful, so comfortable, a great choice of pillows, everything in the room is top notch. I will continue to return to this hotel everytime I visit Cleveland which is at least once a year!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank troy12180
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We booked this hotel, and then happened to get into the ER and the hospital later that day. We could not travel for at least 3 days. They refused to refund our money or move the date up a few days. We will never book this hotel again.

2  Thank TheIgor007
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I was going to the Cleveland Clinic and this hotel is essentially on the hospital's campus so I was able to easily walk to the hospital and back on my trip. The hotel is also on the "health line" bus which runs very regularly to downtown.

The rooms were clean and well appointed, including a micro, fridge, coffee maker, etc. This is one more hotel that offers wired internet connections that didn't actually work, though the wireless worked fine, if slow at times. I was in two rooms in two stays over a week and both rooms had problems with their wired connection - this has been fairly common in my experience with other hotels and often wish they wouldn't even offer if it they couldn't maintain it.

I'd definitely come here again on a return trip to Cleveland.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business