My wife and I stayed at the Suites for over 4 mos as a family member was in the Cleveland Clinic. I have read other postings and would like to share our experiences. First, the quality and friendliness of the staff was excellent. Given the challenges that we faced, the thoughtfulness, service and warmth consistantly shown was wonderful. A true testemate to the leadership of the organization and the recognition that so many of their visitors don't "want" to be there, but, are there due to medical emergencies.
We chose the suites over the hotel due to the size of the rooms and having 2 seperate living areas as well as a kitchenette. This proved useful for the early mornings and late evenings at the hospital and being able to get a bite to eat in our room.
We found the rooms to be spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable. We also experienced the a/c issues during the spring change over. This was an unfortunate sitiuation that management was trying to make the best. They offered fans and/or a transfer to the hotel when the system, that was going through renovation, had a malfunction. Their hospitality during this was remarkable given the tremdendous challenge.
The restaurant/bar during the renovation was forced to be in the lobby. This was not a good situation, but, the staff was friendly and again, tried to make the most of the situation. Once the renovated restaurant opened it was a totally different experience. The food was excellent and the surroundings beautiful. The courtyard was well laid out for a serene setting.
The renovated work out center was top notch with all new equipment and ventilation.
While we were there during a very difficult period, we will certainly go back while in Cleveland!
Regarding parking. Unfortunately the Clinic is not located in the safest part of Cleveland. While the charge may not be inexpensive, it was very more secure for the vehicle and ourselves. We found the valets to be friendly and speedy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland, the region's only "wellness focused" all-suite hotel, is conveniently located right on the Cleveland Clinic campus. An oasis for guests to relax, rejuvenate and improve their overall mental and physical well-being, yet close to the city's most prominent attractions such as the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Botanical Garden. From the moment you arrive you'll feel the warmth and comfort of a hotel and staff that are focused on assisting you reach your goal of wellness and good health. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland
- Intercontinental Cleveland
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland Ohio