“Nice place to get lunch.”
Review of The Diner on 55th

The Diner on 55th
Ranked #613 of 1,849 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice place to get lunch.”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This diner definitely has a little bit of an old feel to it, but it doesn't look run down or anything. The service was nice, but I could totally tell that they should hire more workers around lunch time because the workers couldn't handle the rush. The menu was a bit limited, but it had the basics and a few specials. The food was pretty good for a diner but not spectacular. It was a pretty solid place and I would come here again if I had to take someone out to lunch for work.

• Visited July 2013

“*** I Love The Look Of This Diner!!!! *****”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I really love the look of this Diner!!! From their red and white checkered tablecloths, to their cozy booths and the counter seating--near their open kitchen.This Diner's traditional theme is akin to sitting inside of a magnificent side car on a Silver Train! I had to ask myself: Am I sitting inside of a restaurant, or am I actually on a 1950s movie set?

Additionally, I loved their friendly staff and the reasonable prices of all the food items listed on their menu. Breakfast items include: pancakes, omelets, french toast, hash browns, eggs, bacon, sausage, and hash.

"Comfort Food" lunch items listed on their menu are: chili, homemade casseroles, hot open face sandwiches, homemade meatloaf, cod, roast sirloin, burgers, and "Blue Plate Specials."

• Visited June 2013
Forest City, Iowa
“The Best Diner I Have Ever Been To Hands Down”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

My kids wanted breakfast at Wendy's but the one near 55th street did not serve breakfast. So I saw this little diner across the street and we pulled up and went in. The owner greeted us warmly and welcomed us to his restaurant. We were seated a cheerful server came and took our order. This was by far the best breakfast I have ever had at any restaurant. My children ordered from the kids menu and received more food that an adult would have received at other restaurants. Fresh good tasting food and excellent customer service. Next time we are in Cleveland we will be back there for sure.

• Visited November 2011

Been to The Diner on 55th? Share your experiences!