“Decent stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed July 5, 2010

If your going to and Indian's game, this is the place to stay. We were directly across from the stadium. However, if you are looking for something closer to the waterfront your still only about a 3 minute drive. Parking options all around the waterfront area ranging from $3-$8.

The pool and business center was nice. The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet was average but a bit pricey at $11 per person. The staff was very friendly. The beds were a bit too soft for my taste. The parking at $16 a day is a bit much in my opinion. They do have a complimentary shuttle available, but be aware that shuttle does NOT run on weekends. The neighborhood appeared a bit sketchy.

A few tips:

***We had a great view of the fireworks from the stadium in our room. Request the street side if you want a view.

***Visit Sokolowski's University Inn for some great food. Its only a quick 3 minute drive over the bridge.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Mickeymotto

Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed here for one night and the hotel is nice. The one downside was they charge you $16 for parking. There are other places near the hotel to park for less but it did not appear these places had overnight security, and from the look of the neighborhood, $16 if better then filing a police and insurance report the next day and getting a rental car.

The "but" is the extra charge of $25 they placed on my CC. I called and they explained to me that a mistake was made and I was because I used a debit card and they were unable to refund that money to my account. I reminded them Walmart never had a problem refunding money to my debit card and they told me their system was different. When I first spoke with accounting at the hotel they were only aware of the $16 parking charge and when I told them I was looking at my online statement and they charged me another $25, then they were like "Oh the $25."

To have a multi-million dollar hotel and not have the ability to return money they you have the ability to take off a card is strange. I have learned in my 42 years of life that when the story is to strange to be believed then it is made-up. I was charged $25 by this hotel that could not be returned to my account because there system would not allow them to return it. That is a $25 hidden charge that I was very lucky to have caught and had returned.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2010

Besides the excellent staff, this hotel is very convenient for downtown venues. We stayed here to see the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but we were able to walk across the street and take in a Cleveland Indians baseball game as well. The Rock Hall would have been about a mile walk, so we took our car. Others have complained about the parking lot, but we found it quite secure and convenient. It's not free, though - $16 per day as I recall with in/out access included. Our room was perfect with excellent beds, linens, features, and amenities. Internet access is a necessity for us, and this hotel provies wired and wireless for free.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I got this hotel on priceline for $50 for one night. This hotel woudl be perfect for anyone that is traveling to cleveland for the first time or to see a ball game as it is located next to prog field and the q. It is not very near any bars or restaurants though a cab ride to W6th area was around $7 including tip. We stayed on the 2nd floor king room facing the street. I was afraid it would be loud but late at night there is not much traffic in that area. Bed was decnetly comfortable and the room was clean. All the rooms have microwave and fridge which is nice if you need it. The heater was a bit loud, but overall I got a decent night's sleep. We were in town for dinner/drinks and went to D'vine wine bar (awesome), John Q's for dinner (very good) and the Chocolate Bar restaurant for dessert/drinks (ok). Overall - nice stay in cleveland for the price. Would prefer the Hyatt or Marriot location-wise, but for $50 the Hilton will do just fine.
Parking was $16/night (cheaper than Hyatt at $22) and supposedly the hotel has a shuttle, but when we asked at the desk we were told they there was no shuttle only transportation was a cab.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank akronohio
Reviewed April 14, 2010

You couldn't ask for a better hotel close to Progressive Field. It is only a few blocks away and our room had views of the Progressive Field. Not too many options for restuarants but the room service was great. This hotel is perfect for those attending a game otherwise there isn't much in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kesibmik
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed here (myself and 2 kids) for a short trip before school resumed after spring break. It was easy to get to and check in was a breeze. I used priceline and got a really good rate. We arrived a little before 3 and we were immediatly given a room. We checked out the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was HOT!! Almost too hot. The kids enjoyed the pool. We were the only ones there for about 15 minutes then another family arrived. The pool and pool area were really small. When another family showed up we left. The beds were super comfortable. There were noisy people in the hallway or somewhere until very late. We only stayed the one night as we were just going to see the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Great Lakes Science Center then heading home. Overall I would say the hotel was pretty nice. The sleep would have been great had there not been so much noise in the hallway.

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank 00simpleman
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I bid my rooms with Priceline and was thrilled with the whole process and stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends