Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
Doubletree.com
$209
  • Room Service
1,619 results
All reviewsprogressive fieldfront deskindians gameball parkbaseball stadiumbreakfast buffetparking feeshuttle servicedirectly across the streetrock and roll hallpool and hot tubfree shuttlesporting eventswithin walking distancejacobs fieldroom was clean and comfortablenice stay
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had a great stay at the Hilton Garden Inn.. the view of cleveland/progressive field is great! The staff were great! The pool looked like it could/needs to be scrubbed but everything else was top notch..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIClevelandDntwn, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

So glad you had a great stay with us. Also thank you for letting us know about the pool condition. We informed our Director of Property Maintenance who has since addressed the issue. Try to come back in the spring and watch the foreworks on Friday night Indian home games. That view is fantastic also!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This would be the only place to stay in Cleveland Ohio My stay was everything I needed it to be The staff are the best there is The room service was everything it could be thanks again Margaret The front desk was A+

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Carol C
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Glad you took advantage of our nightly room service and thank you for the shout out for Margaret and our front desk team. Please know it has been shared with them all.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I am from the Cleveland area and a big fan of the sport teams. Come up and stay hear every year for a Browns and Indians game. Lot of great Bars and Restraunts in the area. Also like that the Hotel has its own parking lot with easy access to the freeways.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

We appreciate that you stay with us each and every time you are visiting Cleveland. Only one more Cleveland Browns home game left for the season but Indians opening day, April 4, will be here before you know it. So we'll see you soon. Go Tribe!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I am a HHonors member and always stay at a Hilton owned property if possible. This was my first time staying at a Hilton Garden Inn. First let me tell you the beds are perfect. I could seriously buy one of their mattresses for my home. First time I didn't wake up with a backache staying in a hotel. The front desk was so helpful in ordering a car service since we had to be a competition at 7:00 am. The room was clean and exactly as pictured. We stayed on the 11th floor and I'm wondering if this is why we had the first issue I have ever had at a Hilton owned property. The water in the shower was cold. My daughter took a cold shower after swimming. It started out lukewarm and by the time we had shampoo in her hair it was freezing. I had called right after told the front desk that we had no hot water in the shower. They said they would let engineering know. The next morning I went to take a shower and it was cold. So I opted to pass on the shower since I was leaving that day anyway. However we had a late check out (which is awesome) and after returning from her competition decided to let my daughter swim again and figured the problem should be resolved. Nope cold shower again. I didn't want to make a big deal about it I just wanted to let them know so they could fix it before renting the room again. The front desk staff was so nice. They more than compensated for the cold water. I would stay in this hotel again in a heartbeat. Perfect location and comfortable atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Glad you enjoyed one of our Garden Sleep System beds. We hear alot of great comments on them such as yours. But we do apologize for the hot water issue. Our engineering department has been informed of the issue. Please know that is not a normal occurrence for us so again, our aplogizes. Thank you for the review and glad to read you would definetely stay with us again. Hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We checked in a few hours early and had booked 3 rooms. Only one room was ready and we were ok with that, we knew we were early. We had planned to go to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and asked if it was close enough to walk. The front desk staff was very helpful in telling us how far it was, how to get there and gave us a paper with a number for their driving service if we wanted a ride back afterwords since we had kids with us. Just as we were getting ready to walk, the front desk clerk told us their shuttle guy was willing to drive us to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before going home so we were lucky enough to get a ride, and ended up walking back afterwords. (we went to the Hall of Fame the same time as a Browns game and was trying to avoid driving in the traffic) Also due to the game ending around dinnertime, we knew most restaurants would be busy and so we stayed at the hotel to eat. My husband and I cannot eat gluten and the waitress was very helpful in telling us what we could and could not eat. The only downside was the cost...the price of dinner was crazy expensive for a hotel restaurant. $30 for a steak and 2 sides. We decided to take our daughters swimming. There was no one at the pool which was great having it to ourselves. The pool water seemed rather cold, not sure if it was a heated pool. The hot tub was nice, though. After going back to our room as I was watching TV I started to get a headache and realized I smelled horribly like chlorine and my eyes burned from the chlorine as well. I have been to many other hotel pools and don't remember having this problem. I showered and it helped the smell a bit but had to take a second shower in the morning to completely get the chlorine smell off. The bed was very comfortable. We had a great view of the city from our room which I asked for when booking. I also booked the Military Family Rate which is their Bed and Breakfast package at a discount for military families. I realized at dinner that we hadn't received a breakfast coupon and so went to the front desk where the front desk clerk claimed she had never heard of the Military Family Package coming with free breakfast. She made a phone call and whoever was on the other line informed her this was a new package and that 2 adults in each room did indeed get free breakfast in the morning. I asked about my kids and she said they were half price. I told her when I booked it the website said 2 kids were free with 2 adults per room. She said she would call back again in a bit and let me know. She never did so I decided to just wait until breakfast. At breakfast I asked the waitress about it and she assured us the kids were free with this package. Breakfast was very good...there was a buffet with all sorts of great stuff including scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, plus you could order various types of eggs, waffles, french toast, etc. Again the breakfast staff was very good at informing me of what I could eat when I questioned them about the seasoning on the potatoes they had no problem looking up the ingredients for me. Loved that the room had a keurig, mini-fridge, and microwave. Overall, I would stay at this hotel although I would make sure to shower immediately after swimming and might skip the hotel's restaurant for dinner. :-)

Room Tip: Ask for room with a city view, and if possible ask for a corner King room because they are larger than the other rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Always great to hear we have a guest that will definetely return due to their positive experience. But we do apologize about the pool issue. Please know your comments have been passed on to our Dir. of Property Maintenance. Thank you for the very detailed review and the stay tips for our future guests. Take care.