“Very pleasant stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Pittsburgh
“Very pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights for an event that was being held at the hotel. I stayed here a couple of years ago too and enjoyed my stay very much. I'm glad to say that it hasn't changed. Every staff member I encountered was extremely friendly and welcoming.

My room was clean and spacious. The bed was comfy, the pillows were also good (which is hard to come by anymore, it seems). The bathroom was also very clean, the water presser in the shower was great. I didn't really have a chance to try out the TV, but it was a newer flat screen LCD TV.

The fridge in the room worked fine and the climate control also worked great and was easy to control with the thermostat. It wasn't too noisy, either.

I don't know if it was the wind blowing something around or what, but every so often there would be a loud metal clanging noise outside. I sleep with ear plugs in when I'm away from home, so once I was asleep it wasn't loud enough to bother me at night, but it could be an issue for some if it persists through the night.

We ate dinner at the hotel bar one evening and had breakfast in the restaurant both mornings. The service at both was excellent and the food was good too. Breakfast was an all you can eat buffet and you could also order fresh pancakes, waffles, and omelets. Ala carte items were also available. The dinner menu didn't have a lot to choose from, but I enjoyed my hamburger.

The hotel is right across from Progressive Field, where the Cleveland Indians play. My room had a great view of it and the city.

They offer a shuttle service to points around the city. We didn't have time to take advantage of it with our event, but it's a really nice perk.

So once again, I enjoyed my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Cleveland and look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Wow - what a detailed review - thank you! We appreciate you touching on all our amenities and we're so glad you had an excellent stay. See you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Arrived on Tuesday for a 3 night stay on business. Great location, just across the street from Progressive Field, and within blocks of downtown business district. Front staff very friendly and efficient at check-in. Problem with room thermostat addressed promptly. Shuttle to local restaurants a plus. Overall, a very positive experience. Tip of the hat to management.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The staff at this hotel are what really sets it apart from other places. They go out of their way to make your stay excellent. The hotel is near the baseball stadium, and has a shuttle that will take you anywhere in the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the excellent comments on our team. It has been posted and shared with all. Hope to have you back again.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Lynette did a very great job of making me feel right at home. When I was away from home.she was very helpful when we needed her. Also had very good insight on the location around,thanks to her our stay was a very very very pleasant one

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to type up a review on your stay with us. We also appreciate the kind comments in regard to Lynette and please know it has been shared with her and the entire team! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
Delphos, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Stayed here w attending a Cavs' game. My daughter danced at helf time with her dance studio. this was her last time as she is a senior. This is the first time we have stayed downtown. the hotel is very convient to the Q and progressive Field. Also after we alked uptown to the nite spots. She is 18 and with me so she could get in. the room was a bit dated, and the tub had a chip that they tried to paint. some scuffs on wood work etc. But basically wear and tear, probably will need updated soon. Front desk was sonderful we need some palsticware so we could heat up our dinner leftovers when we got back from the nite spots and they obliged. Bed was comfy, and I am very picky. did hear some noise in the hall early in the orning, but that is par for hotels most of the time. We got a great group rate. i would stay again.
I believe all the rooms have a microwave and a fridge. which is great.

Room Tip: streets that face Carnegie have a nice city view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank momthree
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

First and most important I would like to say the staff at the front desk did a good job. They were friendly and helpful.
April 16, 17. We were in room 805. When first entering the room one of the beds appeared made but messy. The comfort was not smoothed out and the pillows were not arranged nicely.
It room in general needs some updating. The AC/Heater made a horrible banging and clanging the whole time, every time it ran. It made it very hard to sleep with that all that going on.
The bathtub was very slick and hazardous. I only found this out after I stepped in it and fell and twisted my knee in the process. Now I am walking around with a sprained knee because of it. I reported it and filed a report at the front desk but at no time was I asked how my knee was doing or offered any medical attention or anything else. I asked for a no slip shower mat 3 times, each time someone "looked" for one but it was never found. You would think they would care more for their guest safety but apparently they do not. Had an older person taken the fall I did, they could have been seriously injured or even killed had they hit their head. At least my condition should have been checked out by the hotel manager and we should have been offered a " comp" night for my injury do to the hotels negligence.
Day 2 of our stay again the beds were sloppy made. The shower curtain that had came down during my fall had not been replaced. The Kleenex and toilet tissue both ran out. In general things could have been cleaner.
I went in the gym both days and there were no disinfectant wipes for the equipment either day. The hot tub was scalding hot and had a sign that stated "do not use hot tub if temp is over 104 degrees". There was know way to know the temp, unless you happen to travel with a thermometer in your pocket.
This hotel could have easily been a 4 if it had a little much needed attention but for me it was a 2, maybe a 1, depending how long my knee injury lasts.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
We sincerely appreciate you letting us know the good points and the not so good. The staff friendliness and helpfulness is the norm at our hotel but the room issues you encountered certainly are not. We apologize for any inconvenience and please know your concerns have been passed to the appropriate department heads.
Cape Coral, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We just visited this hotel during the American Adoption Congress conference, and had a great stay overall, however...

The rooms are excellent. We booked a King (smoking) room. Great room, nice appointments and furnishings. Lots of closet space! The King beds are adjustable, but you need to be tipped on 'how to' when you check in because there are no obvious visable controls.

The front desk staff, supurb! Kudos to this friendly, professional and informative bunch! Another great feature is the free coffee and tea always available in the lobby, and the evening cookies are delish!

However, while breakfasts and dinners offered in the restaurant were up to Hilton standards, the fact that this hotel does not offer LUNCH service, especially with a solidly booked hotel and hungry, pressed for time conference attendees with 'no' time to find other options offsite, makes one wonder WHY not?

Room Tip: If you have smokers in your party this is one of two downtown hotels that still offer smoking rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business