This review is going to be long, as I have a lot of good things to say about the HGI. We stayed here for the Bon Jovi concert at Q Arena. I got the AAA rate ($103 a night for 2 adults/1 child). First off, I have to say the staff were VERY friendly and helpful. We had a NS room on the 9th floor overlooking Carnegie Ave with 2 Q beds, micro, fridge, coffeemaker, hairdryer and iron/ironing board. The room was very clean and didn't have the usual hotel odor as I call it (cleaning products or trying to mask an odor with something else). The beds were super comfy and had extra pillows. I thought the actual glass drinking glasses, real coffee mugs, and Bath and Body Works/Neutrogena toiletries were a nice touch. I understand the hotel was fully booked during my visit, and I have to say not once did I hear a peep from any of the rooms surrounding me, or the entire floor for that matter. The hotel is within walking distance of Q Arena (if you're standing outside the doors of the Carnegie entrance it's about 1 1/2 blocks to your left and then one block to the right). It's also darn near across the street from Progressive Field (home of the Cleveland Indians). They offer a free local shuttle and we used it to get to the arena. We walked back after the concert and it only took a few minutes. We felt very safe, as there were other people walking back to the hotel and the police were at every intersection helping direct traffic. As far as food goes, we did not eat at the restaurant located inside the hotel but from what I saw the food looked pretty good. I did like the 24 hour Pantry located next to the front desk. We were able to get some microwave popcorn and drinks so we could have a snack after the concert. I also liked the fact they have a gated parking area that requires the use of your room key card to go in/out. The lot is right in front of the hotel (or if you're calling the Carnegie side the front then it's behind the hotel) and is monitored by hotel security. I don't mind paying $16 to park my car at a hotel when I know it's being watched. Some other hotels I've stayed at charge you to park your car on a lot located upwards of a block away. There is a Subway across the street and a gas station at the corner. I will mention that there is some sort of clinic across the street, and based on the foot traffic in and out of it I kind of wondered if it was a drug treatment center. One other thing, we thought the heat/air in our room was broken because when we turned it on it did nothing. However, we looked around before calling the front desk and found there is a thermostat on the wall by the bathroom which operates the system. The heat did make some noise when kicking on, but nothing that was loud enough to wake you once you were asleep. I would definitely stay there again!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown is conveniently located in downtown Cleveland next to Progressive Field. Our hotel has 240 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms as well as a fitness center, pool and whirlpool. Hold your next business meeting in the Gateway Conference Center, boasting 20,000 sq. ft. of space, full-service catering and AV equipment. After a busy day enjoy convenient parking, a martini at Harvey’s Bar and dinner at the Great American Grill or in your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Cleveland
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio