“Great experience every stay.”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I go to Cleveland 3-5 nights a year, and every time, I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown. The location accommodates my purpose for making the trip. Adjacent from The Jake (Progressive Field), it's also an easy 5 minute walk to Quicken Loans Arena. The Cab ride (nice town car set up by front desk) to The Warehouse District was 7 Dollars. Good night scene there. Dee Dee who works at the Hilton is phenomenal at her job and Made sure we had a great stay. I've stayed in King bed rooms as well as the suites and both are perfect. I can't stress enough how great the staff is. The bar downstairs offers a great scene, not too expensive but still Cleveland prices! Dee Dee is awesome! Lissie and Christopher are great as well. I will stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown everytime Im in Cleveland. It's clean, good location, SOLID staff, Best parking set-up in the Gateway district for Hotels, great service, comfortable beds, nice tv's, plenty of towels.... I can only hope Dee Dee is there when I'm checking in next time! Shes professional but still has a great personality and knows what she is doing. She is hilarious too.
Steve

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Stevem4352
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us each time you are in town. We also appreciate the kind words towards our team members. Please know your comments have been shared to not only those you specifically mentioned but to the entire team. Take care and thank you for the review.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I've stayed at this particular Garden Inn 4 times this year for meetings at Case Western Reserve University. There is a Doubletree (Tudor Arms) right on Case's campus but it doesn't compare; I'd rather drive a few extra miles to stay at this hotel then stay at the Tudor Arms again.

My most recent stay this week was much like my past visits. Predictable - which I like. The staff was friendly/helpful and the room is exactly what I'm looking for as a business traveler.

Positives:
- Convenient to downtown restaurants, Interstate, and Progressive Field
- Friendly staff; welcoming lobby/dining/sitting area
- Rooms are up to date, despite carpet showing some signs of age; comfortable beds
- Refrigerator/microwave in room

Negatives:
- One of the elevator's acted up 3 times (would close/open repeatedly; had to get off and wait for another). Assume maintenance will be addressing this so it shouldn't be a long-term issue.
- Carpet showing its age (some stains and generally faded)
- Some road noise on side closest to highway; recommend getting city view if you are a light sleeper

Room Tip: There is some road noise on side closest to highway; recommend getting city view if you are a light...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First visit to Cleveland and we chose the correct hotel. I rarely have a good nights sleep when traveling from home but these beds were so comfortable that I had no trouble falling alseep. 1. Staff at the front desk were outstanding, always a smile and helpful. 2. Restaurant offered a Gluten Free Menu (could hv added a few more items) the waitresses for both breakfast and dinner were very friendly and the food was good. 3. Shuttle service was outstanding, we had 4 drivers and each one was curtious and went beyond making our stay enjoyable. (even the manager step in to drive us to Tower City on Sat morning when the shuttle service was not in operation til later that day !! (Thank you). 5. Small but nice Pool & Hot Tub, used the free computer and watch free movies on HBO. 6. Very close to Progressive Field and the tickets to the game were very reasonable (unlike Fenway Park) so we enjoyed a game. I would stay there again. One request, we enjoyed the free cookies and Lemon Ice Water in the Lobby but it was not always available, especially after a long day in the 90 degrees, it would hv been nice to come back to a cold drink. However, I should note that one desk clerk did remind the staff to put out the water so it was there the next day. (visited Rock N Roll Hall of Fame, Zoo, GoodTimes Cruise, Cleveland Indians Game, Tower City and The Arcade - nice visit in 3 days).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I spent 6 weeks at this property while on temporary assignment in Cleveland. The desk staff couldn't have been nicer or more professional. Tina and Dee Dee are outstanding. The property itself, not so much. I was in two different rooms, and both were in need of repair. Breakfast is only served until 10, there is no lunch service, and dinner is from 5-10, Pretty difficult to get anything to eat when my work schedule was 5-1. Also, I do not consider one washer and one dryer a laundry facility in an 11 story hotel. I will certainly find another hotel next time I am in Cleveland.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We certainly enjoyed you and your fellow teammates staying with us for that extended time. I know our team enjoyed getting to know you and all the others who called this their home away from home. We apologize our restaurant hours were not compatible with your work schedule. I do hope you took advantage of our 24 hour pantry and the refrigerator and microwave that is in all our rooms. This is one feature that sets us apart from most other hotels. Either way we certainly appreciate your kind words in regard to our staff and wish you well. Hope our paths cross again! Take care.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We came to visit the RRoll HoF and the Horseshoe Casino, and the location couldn't have been better.
We arrived a little early, and parked in there back lot, which was pretty well lit up at night. Ellie and Tim R. were working the front desk, and couldn't have been nicer or more helpful with advice and recommendations. After a short wait, our room was ready. We had a great 6th floor, corner. Even with our comfy king size bed, we had plenty of room. There was a coffee maker, iron, hair dryer, mini fridge and free wi

There is a free shuttle available from 2pm-10'sh, that we could have used, but we chose to drive.
The bartender at Harvey's was friendly and the bar was quiet.
We had a nice stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: We had a 6th floor corner room that had a nice view of Progressive
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gas1208
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Glad to hear you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle that not only goes to the Cleveland Clinic campus but also the downtown area including the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This is my first visit to this hotel in Cleveland. I had previously stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel at Cleveland Clinic and the Ritz-Carlton downtown.
This hotel compares favorably with these hotels and for much less money.

This hotel is located almost within a Jim Thome Home Run from Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians.
It is about 3/4 mile from the Horseshoe Casino downtown and also about 3/4 mile from Cleveland State University (CSU), so it's convenient if you have business or a conference at CSU, like I did. They have a free shuttle that will drive you to the downtown Casino and to CSU.

The hotel lobby and public areas are nicely and smartly appointed and made me feel that they were making a strong effort to look fresh and new.
They have a nice indoor pool and a small but serviceable workout room with a couple of treadmills machines and one universal weight machine.

There is nice breakfast buffet daily. It's a nice complimentary perk for Gold and higher Hilton Honors members.
The room was clean and nicely appointed.
Very comfortable bed and pillows. Very conducive to a good night's sleep.
A nice desk and chair with enough outlets to charge your electronic stuff.
Flat-screen HDTV with HBO available. Also, had a small fridge and microwave, so you can take back those restaurant left-overs or store drinks and other sundries.
I would have liked a room safe, however.

They have a small 24-hour pantry in the lobby with microwaveable frozen entrees and other snacks and beverages.

I'd be remiss for not mentioning the hotel staff.
The front desk personnel were unfailingly pleasant and helpful; I felt that they made sure that I felt welcome at their hotel and that if I needed any services that I could feel confident that things would be taken care of. There were no concerns that arose during my 3-day stay here.

I would recommend this hotel highly for it's proximity to the baseball stadium, CSU, and about a slightly more a mile from the Playhouse district. Normally can get discounted pricing placing the room charges to $90-!00 range, making this hotel a very good bargain for a downtown hotel in any city, but especially in Cleveland which has a lot to offer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank cincydoc2011

Thank you for the very detailed and thorough review. You certainly touched on all aspects of your stay with us and we appreciate that. Hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I'll start with the good part: the bed. It was very comfortable. So that's good.
But I was staying at the hotel because I was attending a wedding that chose to block rooms at that particular hotel because the hotel promised that the bar would stay open late so the wedding guests could continue to celebrate. But, when I got back to the hotel the bar was closed. If they didn't get that promise, they would have went with a different hotel so it was a pretty big deal.

Also, we never got a visit from housekeeping even though we were gone all afternoon/evening and had no doortag saying to skip us. Boo.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
HGIClevelandDntwn, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a review and to give us your feedback. Our guests feedback is very important to us since we can use it to analyze and correct any possible negative issues and reinforce what is good. The team at HGI is quite proud of the consistent and excellent customer service they provide and those issues you encountered are certainly not the norm for us. Please accept our apologizes and know we have passed your comments on to the appropriate department heads.