This is my first visit to this hotel in Cleveland. I had previously stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel at Cleveland Clinic and the Ritz-Carlton downtown.
This hotel compares favorably with these hotels and for much less money.
This hotel is located almost within a Jim Thome Home Run from Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians.
It is about 3/4 mile from the Horseshoe Casino downtown and also about 3/4 mile from Cleveland State University (CSU), so it's convenient if you have business or a conference at CSU, like I did. They have a free shuttle that will drive you to the downtown Casino and to CSU.
The hotel lobby and public areas are nicely and smartly appointed and made me feel that they were making a strong effort to look fresh and new.
They have a nice indoor pool and a small but serviceable workout room with a couple of treadmills machines and one universal weight machine.
There is nice breakfast buffet daily. It's a nice complimentary perk for Gold and higher Hilton Honors members.
The room was clean and nicely appointed.
Very comfortable bed and pillows. Very conducive to a good night's sleep.
A nice desk and chair with enough outlets to charge your electronic stuff.
Flat-screen HDTV with HBO available. Also, had a small fridge and microwave, so you can take back those restaurant left-overs or store drinks and other sundries.
I would have liked a room safe, however.
They have a small 24-hour pantry in the lobby with microwaveable frozen entrees and other snacks and beverages.
I'd be remiss for not mentioning the hotel staff.
The front desk personnel were unfailingly pleasant and helpful; I felt that they made sure that I felt welcome at their hotel and that if I needed any services that I could feel confident that things would be taken care of. There were no concerns that arose during my 3-day stay here.
I would recommend this hotel highly for it's proximity to the baseball stadium, CSU, and about a slightly more a mile from the Playhouse district. Normally can get discounted pricing placing the room charges to $90-!00 range, making this hotel a very good bargain for a downtown hotel in any city, but especially in Cleveland which has a lot to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown is conveniently located in downtown Cleveland next to Progressive Field. Our hotel has 240 guestrooms, suites and accessible rooms as well as a fitness center, pool and whirlpool. Hold your next business meeting in the Gateway Conference Center, boasting 20,000 sq. ft. of space, full-service catering and AV equipment. After a busy day enjoy convenient parking, a martini at Harvey’s Bar and dinner at the Great American Grill or in your room ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Hotel Cleveland
- Cleveland Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Cleveland
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown Ohio