“Great stay in Cleveland”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
Ranked #13 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Stayed 2 nights in room 520. Good size room with very comfy king size bed. Fridge and microwave also in room. Pool and spa open till 11 pm. Free wi-fi, parking $16 per day. Ball park across the road and Cleveland brown stadium 20 minute walk. Buffet breakfast has a good selection of foods $10.95. Restaurant and bar on site and are good value for a Hilton hotel..coffee is complimentary too! Staff are friendly and efficient. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Madjude

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I have been there for 5 nights, from Saturday to Thursday for business reasons.
The lobby is in the average with a good level of service.
The room was nice but not as clean as I thought and the insulation is not bad.
On Saturday night I had to call the security (twice) at 2.00 AM because 12 drunks youngs guys was having a party in the room close to mine.

In the room there is a small fridge but it's empty and there is no minibar.
The location of the hotel is about ten minutes walking from the downtown, 4th street where many restaurants are located, but it's also in front of the highway and all around the hotel is full of homeless and drugs begging for money.
Walking at night, but also at 7.00 PM alone is not safe.
The hotel provide a free shuttle for the downtown : use it !

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Wonderful stay, clean, cozy and comfortable. Above all, the staff was excellent - I purchased two t-shirts for my daughters from the "Harry Buffalo" Restaurant and somehow managed to misplace them. The Staff at the Hilton Garden Inn, namely "Tina" and "Diana" were helpful in tracking down the bag left in the lounge the night before and followed through with the shipping instructioins I provided to have them returned to me.

Once again, great stay and establishment, but even more "oodles" to the staff - Well done and thank you very much.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

The only negative I have is that other than the proximity to ballpark, this is far from the downtown nightlife. Otherwise it's a straight up downtown HGI, clean, very friendly staff, comfortable bed, etc.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I did not get any rest or sleep the 3 nights I booked there because there is no noise insulation whatsoever between the rooms. I could not sleep because of having to hear my neighbors talk and watch T.V. through about 2 a.m.

THere is no safe deposit box in the rooms, no slippers, no robes.

The cleaners in the morning next room actually watched TV while they were cleaning and talking "hood" talk - very unprofessional.

Before I book at the hotel, I was told by the hotel that my destination - a law firm - was 2 blocks away. When I arrived there, the front desk then changed their story and stated my destination actually was very far and would cost me $77 to get to. They duped me to get me to book. They then were not very helpful in getting me transportation at a reasonable price to my destination.

They did not have the cookies they usually provide at the front desk.

Room Tip: no good rooms - loud without any noise insulation
1  Thank anon t
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This hotel is literally a stone's throw away from the Indian's Baseball park and basketball stadium.
It was a nice hotel in a good location, great restaurant called winking lizard near by...you should go.

We stayed here for a baseball game...for my husband's 30th b-day party

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed for a long weekend to see the city. Pretty good location and we didn't have issues walking to town. We used the free shuttle to take us to the Hall of Fame. Too bad there wasn't a game but it was nice that our room had a view which looked out to the baseball field. The room was nice but we were not so comfortable with the area - seeing all of people going to the "clinic" that is located across the street from the hotel. I guess it was a chance to see where my tax money goes and it was at times entertaining (but very sad!).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple