“Best place, close to downtown.”
Review of Al's Deli

Al's Deli
Ranked #148 of 1,884 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: American, Diner, Delicatessen, Middle Eastern
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stumbled on this place when looking for breakfast on a Saturday morning. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced for a downtown area. About a 2 minute walk from the Doubletree. Certainly beats the overpriced breakfast on the beaten path!

Reviewed November 24, 2011

We had read in several reviews of our hotel that this was the place to eat. Only 1 block from the Doubletree Downtown-Lakeside, it has an excellent menu for both breakfast and lunch. The folks who runs this place were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. I had Al's Breakfast, my son and husband had the 2-2-2 - outstanding. It was the only place open on a Saturday morning, and for that alone I say thanks, but the food was as good as it gets. My son also tried the baklava - (I sampled his), it was as good as I have had in years. Good homestyle food at a very reasonable price.
Special note: The three of us ate for what it would have cost one of us to eat at the hotel.
If we are in Cleveland again this is the only place I would eat breakfast or lunch.