“Great Indian food and walking steps from CWRU!”
Review of Indian Flame

Indian Flame
Ranked #893 of 1,845 Restaurants in Cleveland
Cuisines: Indian
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great Indian food and walking steps from CWRU!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My son attends CWRU and we all love Indian food so we thought we would give it a try! The food is great! My son got Chicken tiki malasa, Husband got chicken curry and myself alo gobi(potatoes, cauliflower, onions, etc). Plus we got an assortment of naan! They get the spice right on the mark, Chris very spicy, Pat medium me as mild as can be! The food taste so fresh and well seasoned according to your taste.
Now for the atmosphere...Small place, it is neat and the plates, silverware and glasses are clean.
Service is not bad.
If you love Indian food it is a must try. Get take out!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank vacafun3

“Kickass Indian Food!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Ambience - This place primarily caters to students from Case Western University.. so do not expect to have a fine dining experience! It is neat and clean on most days...

Food Quality and Quantity - I never eat buffets so I do not know how the buffets are at this restaurant..but the A La Carte is mind blowing good! Fresh food with very distinct flavors! The quantity is great too! I have been to this place a number of times and it has never disappointed me! The food is just yum!

Service - Good Service and fast too.. the servers are very well behaved! They are students from Case I believe..

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Knats, flies, health dept.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First let me say, the food was good. BUT, I almost didn't eat it because of the annoying knats flying everywhere.

When I got home, I checked the City of Cleveland Health Dept. records. Several years of violations for "dirty" this and that.

I love to support local restaurants. But...

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank beautymbrains
Cleveland, Ohio
“Really Good Indian Close to CWRU”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've been to Indian Flame twice recently and have really enjoyed the food. The palak paneer, a spinach dish with Indian cheese, was so good I had both times I went! The mango lassi was excellent too - really smooth and it comes in what feels like a bottomless glass because it is so big. The garlic naan was just okay - I would skip it because it wasn't garlicky enough. The one drawback is that service is pretty slow. Once our order was taken, it was a good twenty minutes or longer before the food arrived. This is a place to go if you have the time and don't mind waiting. It is a small and the decor is not bright or welcoming. In spite of the slow service and the dim lighting, I will definitely be back!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank SunDaisy11
Munster, Indiana
“pretty good”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

when you don't feel like driving away from campus, this is a great place to walk to for a quick Indian meal. not so beautiful inside, but affordable and good

Visited December 2012