“Great Lebanese at Taza”

Taza A Lebanese Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Taza A Lebanese Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 1,862 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Clair
Reviewed June 24, 2014

If you enjoy Lebanese/Middle Eastern food check out the Taza Grill in Cleveland. Went there twice while in the city and enjoyed both visits. First time had the vegetarian stuffed grape leaves and the lentil stew on rice. Second time had the vegetarian plate with hummous, falafel, baba ghanouj, and tabouli appetizers. Numerous meat dishes also available. Enjoyed all the dishes - excellent quality and quantity of food. Servers efficient and friendly. Sit outside on the patio during the summer months and watch the pedestrians and the horse buggy go by. Would definitely visit again if I happen to be in Cleveland.

There are newer reviews for Taza A Lebanese Grill

Reviewed June 21, 2014

This restaurant is a gem amongst the eateries in the Warehouse District of Cleveland. The atmosphere is classic Lebanese with the copper ceilings, artifacts on the walls, and fascinating chandeliers. The service was outstanding with the hostess seating you right away where you wanted to sit. My waitress followed with my filtered ice water ready to take my drink order. I stayed with just ice water. I informed here of my peculiar diet that was gluten free and reduced dairy. She indicated that wasn't a problem. Another circulating host brought me Lebanese flatbread and olive oil that my server immediately removed with an apology. None was needed was she was watching carefully my needs.

I started with a special salad that was the Lebanese version of the Caesar salad. The dressing and romaine lettuce were perfect together. I also ordered the Kafta dish that was cooked to perfection. In lieu of any potatoes (diet again!) I asked for additional vegetables that were cut small and blackened still having a slight crunch. This dish was also served with two sauces - one resembled horse radish, but was informed that it was a cooked pureed garlic sauce that was outstanding. The other was the traditional Tahini sauce - a mixture of olive oil, garlic, herbs, and sesame seed paste. The service was superb by a college student who had a winning smile and was attentive to every need. Needless to say, I went back to the hotel without an overfull feeling, but totally satisfied.

1  Thank cliffwalters
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Taza is a nice Lebanese restaurant located in a posh strip shopping center. I really enjoyed my visit because the service is outstanding. As soon as we walked in we were warmly greeted and instantly seated.

The waiter answered all my questions when I couldn't decide what to order. Once we ordered the food came very quickly.

I had an appetizer that featured cheese marinated in pomegranate juice, served with olives and pistachio nuts. It was a little sweet, a little savory, just a nice blend of flavors. It went well with the fresh, homemade pita bread that they give everyone. This bread is so light and fresh it's practically addictive. It was served right after coming out of the oven, there's nothing better than hot bread. It was served with olive oil with seeds in it. The oil could of used a little salt and pepper.

My friend had the stuffed grape leaves appetizer. It was cooked to perfection. The leaves and the stuffing were the perfect combination and practically melted in your mouth. My friend also ordered the chicken and hummus entree and loved it. The hummus is homemade and had a great flavor to it. Mixed with grilled chicken made it even better.

My entree was the lamb shish kabob. The lamb was tender and nicely seasoned, the grilled vegetables (broccoli, squash, onions, peppers) were also good. It came with a generous portion of rice and two dipping sauces, one spicy and one yogurt based.

We were too full to have dessert. I must point out that I really enjoyed the mango ice tea, it tasted fresh and not from a mix.

I also loved the decor--in earth tones with very pretty metallic, iridescent tiles, very upscale and exotic. The restaurant has a very relaxed feel about it, you just feel comfortable hanging out there with friends.

What I'll remember most about this visit will be the bread, it was pretty amazing.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Great time. I have never been to a Lebanese restaurant before but I am sure I will be back here very soon. From the friendly greeting to great recommended wine and entree I was very satisfied. I tried tge pickled turnup, cucumbers and olive tray fir appetizer followed by the mixed grill. Roasted veggies with lamb, beef and chicken kabob served with real fresh garlic sauce to dip. All was oerfectly grilled with real nice flavours. Thank you Sargon for great service from you and your staff

1  Thank Dave O
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had my wedding rehearsal dinner here in their private room. The room is absolutely beautiful, just like the rest of the restaurant. The food is pretty good and the portions of generous. Everyone was super stuffed at the end of the meal. I really like the kibbie. The staff is friendly and nice. The happy hour used to have food and drinks, but now they have it limited to just drinks.