“May be the best value and quality combination in CLE”
Review of Grovewood Tavern & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Grovewood Tavern & Wine Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2014

I've been going to Grovewood five years from now and finally getting around to writing a review. After going there for my birthday last week, I didn't want to wait any longer to heap praise on this fantastic Cleveland institution. They have gone through changes but still have the most consistently intelligent and delicious menu and service in town. Love Johnnie's, Giovanni's, all the steak places but this is a foodie's paradise. The Bee Bop ravioli with kim chee is something you won't taste anywhere else. Pot roast, short ribs are awesome especially when you pair them with one of their very fairly priced wines. Ask James, Tadas or one of the guys for a recommendation. The Yakitori with a cold asian noodle with seared tune is my constant go to, along with the grilled caesar. Best juke on the planet. Thank you guys.S&L

1  Thank Rolly79

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Based on TA reviews and my wife having eaten here many years ago, I looked for a new (for me) restaurant to try. I was not disappointed. In an area of Cleveland that one does not associate with culinary excellence, Grovewood Tavern serves a varied, wonderful menu. There is something for everyone - including bison and vegetarian offerings. The portions were ample and the quality of the food wonderful. Service was wonderful. So glad we found this restaurant.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great food at good/moderate prices. A notch above the rest! Always some old favorites on the menu & also new & seasonal items to try. Fresh & delicious.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We tried lots of food--calamari, crab cakes, tuna, rabbit, short ribs, pecan cake, lava cake...it was all crazy good. The focaccia bread that they brought out was apparently new and it was so fantastic I could have just eaten it for my entire dinner. Way to go! Deliciousness! The ambiance/location is lacking slightly but I would go back for sure!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband surprised me with a birthday dinner here and it was delicious. We both wanted to try everything on the menu. The environment is sort of country-chic and it is a hidden jem and a diamond in the rough. The neighborhood location is a bit unnerving, but it is very much worth the visit! We had wine, bread, salad, entrees, and dessert and loved it all. The food was well worth the slightly higher cost and our waitress was very personable and friendly. We hope to go back!