“Casual eating by the Square.”

Pura Vida by Brandt
Ranked #102 of 1,862 Restaurants in Cleveland
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ontario
Transit: Euclid Coridor located across the street.
Description: Pura Vida by Brandt is a scratch made, locally sourced restaurant in the heart of Public Square. We offer lunch, dinner and take out. We feature local meats, fresh seafood as well as vegan/vegetarian options. We are exceptional in handling any allergy or dietary needs.
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were very pleased with the suggestion by our concierge at the Cleveland Marriott to try the Pura Vida restaurant, located on the main city square, near the Tower complex. It's a short walk from the hotel and has outdoor seating for warm weather.
The décor was pleasant, especially for an old downtown building. The staff was extremely helpful with descriptions and special requests, service was prompt but not rushed, and the manager talked with us at length (our first time there).
Two separate menus were presented, one of which was completely vegetarian and the other a mixture of all sorts of American and international dishes, many with local ingredients. The wine list was good and not over-priced.
We will definitely go there again when we're in Cleveland.

1  Thank BluegrassGuy06
There are newer reviews for Pura Vida by Brandt

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Lots of interesting choices, especially for people who prefer vegetarian options. The dessert was particularly delicious (a smores type of dessert). Enjoyable dinner.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Mixed feelings on Pura Vida. Went with several others on a recent stay in Cleveland. Waitress was knowledgeable and helpful. Ordered the smoked brisket stroganoff. Brisket was tasty but the flavors in the dish did not mesh. Probably because meal was served lukewarm and one dish meals need to be served hot. My food looked like it had been sitting for a few minutes before being served. With so many choices downtown will be difficult to try again. Hope things improve and will keep my eye on Trip Advisor for more reviews because I really wanted to rate higher, but for these prices there is improvement needed before I can do that.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The concierge at the Marriott directed us here. From the outside it was nondescript, we almost missed it. Once you enter it has a great appearance and atmosphere with a friendly looking bar.
Small wine list with good prices. The appetizer of queso and warm tortillas was quite unique. The pork chop rates up there with one of the best ever. I asked our server which was better the pork chop on chicken and dumplings….trust me order the pork chop ….the dumplings were a miss and the chicken was dry. The burgers looked outstanding , and as one of our party stated ,it was one of the best burger they’d had. The Salmon was perfectly cooked. As for dessert, the smores pie was also quite unique and tasty. All in all this is a spot I’d go back to. If staying at the Marriott ask for one of the discount offers.

1  Thank jccbus22
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Brandt Evans is the best chef in Cleveland. (Sorry, Michael Symon). I work downtown, and it is a regular lunch destination of mine. Even when my office moved farther away, it is worth the trek accross town for the excellent dishes. Try trout po boy is a definite favorite, but I usually choose the lunch box, which is a different sandwich everyday, served in an oldschool style lunchbox with chips and a dessert. Yum!!!

2  Thank Christine S