“Very nice!”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while in town to go to the RocknRoll hall of fame and museum. The hotel is fantastic but not super close to the RnR. The drive back to the hall was not terrible, but in hindsight would have preferred to stayed closer. In turn we traded hectic city scape for quiet neighborhood and suburban setting. We arrived later and we able to grab a late dinner at the hotel restaurant. Good quality foot but a little higher priced than I liked for a sandwich and soup. Regardless, we had a cocktail and dinner for under $50 without having to travel anywhere. There is a city tavern and subway within walking distance from the hotel too. Our room was quiet and very clean. Breakfast was not complimentary but was fairly priced at $11 / person for made to order omlets, breakfast meats, hash browns and other egg varieties. In addition there were also the typical cereals, danishes, fruits, dairy options, and beverages. I would highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MegE9608

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Aurora, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Our stay, and the staff could not have been more hospitable! great hotel, super staff, amazing food, super great accommodations! Need to say no more when staying in the airport area of Cleveland! Hats off to the leadership at that hotel! From arrival to departure, they have what it takes to be a #1 hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Gayle G
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Great location, great staff, easy to find, absolutely beautiful lobby..I would definitely recommended this hotel if you are staying in the Cleveland area. Whether it is for Business, Family, Or solo this hotel offers amenities for all!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Carolyn L
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you Carolyn L for taking the time to share your great recommendation of our hotel and compliments of our staff with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to seeing you again!
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We echo the other reviewers comments, this hotel was centrally located, convenient to downtown Cleveland, and was nicely remodeled and decorated. We have stayed all over Westside Cleveland because of family and finally found the best hotel that suits our family. The staff was friendly and professional and kept the hotel very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The outdoor patio was welcomed too for an Pizza picnic after swimming. The best part was that it was quiet even though located near the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a backside of the hotel room to have the green woods view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank DfHRB
We appreciate your Top Contributor review and feel privileged to be recognized as the best hotel on the Westside that suits the needs of your family. We look forward to seeing you back at our hotel in the future and will make sure that you get a Metroparks view room!
New Philadelphia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Always great service at this hotel and wonderful shuttle service. I always come back to this hotel. The staff is always friendly and the location is very close to Cleveland Hopkins Airport. I never stay anywhere else when traveling out of Cleveland.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Michael T
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed during Memorial Day weekend in May. The hotel itself is just odd the Interstate across from the Airport. No airport noise despite the location across from it. Hotel was close to downtown attractions, yet far enough away. Lobby was clean and very inviting. Would definitely stay at this HGI again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Rauzer
Southeast Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

On the whole, I was very pleased I chose and stayed at this property.

From the first impression at walk-in, the lobby was impeccably decorated to put you at ease, with warm colors, comfortable spaces, hanging linens, and even Glass lanterns (Very nice touch!)

The check in desk staff were outstanding, recognizing my status and name. They were top notch at every question I threw at them.

The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom in great condition (clean air vents, clean everything, just the way it should be) I would have voted for a stand up shower but they only had tub showers (O well). Since the water pressure was superb, I wasnt upset in the least.

The breakfast was good, and the wait staff very friendly and attentive. I loved the outside patio set up , altho they didnt use it in the morning.

The park near the hotel was fantastic and so convenient.

Now for the 1% irritation. The last day, my flight was leaving at 7pm, and I wanted to enjoy one last long run in the park near the hotel. Saturday, I had asked for a late check out for 4pm Sunday, but the friendly man at the front desk could only provide 2pm, which was good at the time for me. That Saturday night I ended up working very late and slept later as a result. I still planned on the long run, but when asking Margo at the front desk in a nice way if they could please just extend the check out to 4pm, I was shut down completely with an emphatic "NO" and that 1pm was the best they could do for me or they would HAVE to charge for an extra day. That was interesting since she was trying to push me out even earlier than the friendly staff the day before. I left the check out at 2pm and had to cut short my run and rush to shower and final pack before the housekeeper was pounding on the door at 2pm saying she was waiting on me as I was marked to check out at 2.

Fist of all, as a Diamond , I expect a little more customer service and consideration than a hard and fast "NO". Other Hilton properties are flexible, depending on their occupancy. The Housekeeper indicated that the weekend / Sunday occupancy was so low they were able to finally leave early for once. If the occupancy is low, then giving me a few more hours when I really needed it and leaving the room at worst out of service until the next day should be a no brainer.

Secondly, I hate to have that rushed feeling when checking out. While I understand the housekeeping staff wanting to finish before they left, this goes back to the first point, if the room could have been left uncleaned and empty until the next morning when Housekeeping was back as they didn't have to have the room, then I am happy and un-rushed. I was rushed as it stood and didn't like it.

Margo does not have a customer service ethic in dealing with customers. She seemed more interested in staying in the back room the two times I passed by the front desk, once having to be summoned out by another staff member who was cleaning the lobby. The second time as I was leaving she shouted out her "Thank you for your stay" as she was once again in the back room as I was passing the desk.

The bad taste in my mouth from the rush job checkout (although it was a late checkout, true) , when an accommodation exception should have been able to be made will pass. When you have a property that is 99% perfect, you have to ask yourself, do you care about making the last step to make a top tier Hilton guest happy or would you rather quote a rule since it's easier.

That's how I see the 1% irritation to an otherwise perfect stay. I agree the property deserves it's Tripadvisor 2014 award. Pay attention to these comments so you don't lose that ethic that led you to deserve it.

Room Tip: Facing the back of the property was nice
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank VisitedNewPlaces
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We appreciate your candid feedback and do apologize for your disappointment. I realize how frustrating that experience was. We have addressed this with the team and appreciate your insight on where we missed the mark. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope to see you on your future trips to Cleveland. We appreciate your Diamond Hilton loyalty and hope to have the opportunity to make your next stay 100% great!