“Overall Very Good”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
“Overall Very Good”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

It was pretty much everything a Hilton Garden should be. Staff was good. And it was a busy time also. Our group was quite large. Handled well. Everything clean and working order.
Only two complaints. I ate at their restaurant. I had a steak which was a little fatty. But otherwise the meal was great tasting. Only when I ordered the steak the waiter asked about salads and we were apprehensive as we didn't want an add on, but it was implied they were part of the dinner. Myself and my colleague were both charged $4.5 for the salads. May have been communication on our part, but it seemed implied and the steak dinner was $20 anyway. But the salads were good tasting. And we enjoyed them, so we chalked it up. But seemed a little off on the communication on that.
Only other thing was they have the adjustable beds. Kinda like a sleep number thing. I understand the appeal and effort on these. Some people may like them, but they aren't my thing. I just don't like them. Some people may though, so I can't fault too much on that. The bedding package as far as sheets and pillows etc. where all good otherwise.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay at this hotel frequently for business trips and cannot say enough about the friendly, helpful, accomodating staff. I am always welcomed by name, and any minor needs are cheerfully provided. Cooked-to-order breakfast is a great perk and the waitress always has my preferences set up when I arrive. Dinner and a small bar are also available in the restaurant area. The lobby and outside patios are comfortable gathering areas and the hotel includes a small indoor pool, a workout room and a business center. Free Wi-Fi is a great extra touch. The rooms are comfortable and quiet (even tho the property is very close to the airport), and the adjustable-firmness beds are a step above most hotel beds. The hotel is right off the freeway to make travel easy, and a free shuttle service is also available. This hotel is a phenomenal value for the price, but its best asset is its staff.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room in the hotel. I've stayed on most floors, on both sides of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Check in was ok and convient to the airport. Park and fly rates came to about $100 with parking our car for a week. The minute you walk in, it smells like mildew. Especially in the halways and rooms. It was clean but smelled terrible and we were no where near the pool area for it to smell musky. The next morning, the shuttle took us to the airport no problem. Arriving back in Cleveland, we called for the shuttle at 11:15 and were told to wait at door 2 outside. We waited for 25 minutes and called again. She said that he was just there and was back at the hotel. I advsied her that he was not here at door 2 and we were standing on the median strip for half hour. She said he is on his way. Half hour later we called a 3rd time. She said he is on his way. I expressed to her that I have a physical disability and can't stand anymore and all she said was sorry. At 11:30 (1 hr 15 min of waiting) he shows up. He says not one word to us from the minute we loaded our luggage, in route back to the hotel or while unloading our luggage. We timed how long it took to get to the hotel from the airport at it was 5 minutes. 75 minutes is unacceptable, we was nver at the airport the times she said he was coming to get us. I think the guy was on drugs because he just didn't act right. You would think that he would at least apologize for making us stand there that long. When he picked us up he was profusly sweating and acted weird. He should be fired he was so rude.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

2 Thank Jimnjdy
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Let me begin by thanking you for choosing our hotel. We very much appreciate your business.

Please accept my apologies for the concerns that you have raised in your review. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I am sorry that you had to wait such a long time for our shuttle service to pick you up. I assure that this is very rare to happen; however, I can certainly empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you went through.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!
Montclair, New Jersey
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We (3 adults and 2 kids) stayed at this hotel for a weekend in June and I want to highly recommend this place. The check-in was very smooth and quick, the rooms were spacious and clean, the food was very good, both the breakfast and dinner (although both extra charged).
We used the swimming pool which is not too big but it was clean. Overall, good place, good location and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed at this HGI location to attend a race weekend and found it to be a very good hotel for a weekend or even business trip. Conveniently located to the freeway, clean property with nice/comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and a pretty good breakfast (would be good if it was included for the price). I would stay here again next time I visit the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed July 9, 2013

-The check-in was very helpful and welcoming.
-The rooms were very nice and spotless
-The lobby was beautiful
-The beds were amazingly comfortable
-2 Free bottles of water in room are a nice change from having to tell the kids not to touch the $5 water bottles left at other hotels
-Free WIFI was FAST!
-Quiet, safe area
-Not a lot of restaurants nearby but PLENTY within 5 or so minutes away
-Pool was clean and they actually heat it, hot tub was great too.
-Probably the best hotel value we have had in the last few years!

This was our first HGI stay and we have already booked another HGI location for our next trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
houston
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We chose this hotel based on its location near the airport and the reviews on this site. I don't know what hotel these folks stayed at, but our room was not updated in the least. The thermostat was circa 1980 and the a/c was quite loud. The bathroom had a cast iron tub complete with large chip on the rim, and the vanity was old and the caulk used to repair it was visibly cracked. Frayed carpet and outdated furniture provided further evidence of an older property. The room was clean and we chose to stay in it rather than ask to be moved because it was on the top floor as we had asked for and it was extremely quiet, which is important to us. On checkout, we asked about this apparent contradiction. The desk clerk responded that the property had been updated in November 2012, which obviously wasn't true for our floor, and the valet driver added that floors 2 and 3 were the ones that had been given a makeover. The desk clerk kept talking, but I think the driver was more on the money. The public areas are more modern and the staff top to bottom was extremely friendly and helpful, particularly the breakfast crew. We didn't see the "upgraded" floors, so cannot comment on them, but the hotel is overdue for a renovation on the remaining floors.

Room Tip: Ask about updated rooms if that is important to you. Noise is not an issue from the freeway or airp...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple