“internet slow”

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Lakewood, United States
“internet slow”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Overall stay was awesome as always. INternet connection...WIFI was faster then wired connection. HEater was noiser and had to set T-stat to 75 to get the room to a good temp. bed settings were not working.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Everything in this hotel was really great! The entire hotel is going through a renovation, and the place looks great. The entire staff works hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I travel a great del for work--and end up in the Cleveland area often-- I could stay in other, more expensive hotels, but always prefer this Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Patrick B
Navarre, Ohio
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I loved the hotel and with the staff but the pool and jaccuzi was cold. The staff was wonderful and reccommended the restaurants that were awesome. I felt rested and ready to go for my next day. The morning breakfast smelled awesome too and I felt bad I didnt get to partake

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Switzerland
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Luckily I had rented a car, which is just as well because the hotel is rather off the beaten track. There is free parking and the check in is efficient and friendly. The room was fine with free internet access. The bed was really good. It is possible to adjust the firmness of the mattress and rather than those really mushy beds, this one was firm and offered good support. I slept like a dream.

Dinner at the hotel was fair. The waitress though gets a "A" for attention and friendliness. The restaurant was almost full, but she handled it impressively. Breakfast was the standard HGI fare. Consistent and as expected.

To summarize, it's nice hotel but you absolutely need a car if you don't want to feel stranded.

Room Tip: The hotel is just opposite the airport, so if you want quiet you need a room at the back. my room fa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for being our guest! We are grateful for any feedback from our guests as it helps us in our quest to deliver exceptional guest satisfaction. It is great to hear that our Garden Sleep System bed fit your needs for a dreamy nights rest. If you choose to not have a rental car should you visit us again, we do offer shuttle service that can not only pick up and drop off at the airport 24/7, but to any destination within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, including a local shopping mall, convenience stores or restaurants. We sincerely hope that if and when your travels bring you back to Cleveland, you will give us another opportunity to serve you!

Rebecca Kerrigan
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I travel pretty extensively for work - so I'm a diamond hhonors member. Normally I get upgraded, but that didn't happen here. However, I did find that the beds were horribly uncomfortable - didn't even sink or move when I laid down. I was stuck there during an ice storm, so I had no choice but to stay the night, but definitely will not next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay with us.

I truly apologize if you found our beds to be uncomfortable. Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our connecting flight out of Cleveland got canceled due to weather, so we made the best of it and found a room for the night.

I would actually only give the room we stayed in 4 stars, but the entire hotel is being renovated, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it'll be a 5-star experience once they're done.

Let me start by staying I had the best sleep of our trip here. Maybe it was because I was exhausted from traveling, but I woke up feeling totally refreshed. They have those adjustable-firmness mattresses, although I really couldn't tell if the dial did anything. Regardless, it was great. At first the mattress feels rock-hard, but somehow it conforms to your body and wow. Pillows were also pretty decent. Wifi was free and fast! Shower was hot with great pressure. The towels were big enough to wrap around me completely (hard to find these days, even though I'm not that big of a person). And they were so soft and thick! Loved them.

The room was spotlessly clean, although it was pretty dated. Also, they use the "cool white" fluorescent light bulbs instead of the warm ones, so it felt a bit clinical. The bathroom lights buzzed like bug lights. Mildly annoying. These were the only issues with the room, and I assume once the renovations are completed they won't be issues anymore.

Speaking of, maybe that's why the prices are so high? I've noticed an upward trend recently at hotel airports. Seems you really pay for the convenient location these days. I would definitely stay here if I ever find myself stuck in Cleveland again!

Room Tip: I would just say, ask for a renovated room until the whole place is finished.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tigerlily11
Willard, Ohio
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Friendly staff, close to airport, restaurant and bar on site!! We were greeted as Hilton Honors members and enjoyed our evening in the lounge area complete with fireplace. Airport shuttle runs on the half hour and all staff were helpful and considerate!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple