“Park and Fly”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before my wife and I left on our honeymoon. When we initially called the hotel directly, the front desk advised us that it was actually cheaper to book our room through hotels.com...which we did. Long term parking at the airport is somewhere between $7-$10 a day. With Park and Fly, you can park your car at the hotel for up to 13 or 14 days as long as you have a hotel stay. So basically, for a couple extra bucks you get a nights stay at the hotel. The front desk set up our transfer to the airport at check in, and you just call the hotel when when you return and they'll come pick you up. It's only 5 minutes to the airport.

The hotel itself was very clean and quiet. Room was nice. Also, it's only a couple minutes away from a good shopping center, so you can grab any last minute items you may have forgotten.

When we fly out of CLE from now on, this is the way we'll do it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ben L
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Big room
Free fast wireless
Pretty good breakfast
Convenient to airport (but I rented a car so didn't try the shuttle)

Overall a little worn, but great value.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Crito0
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Nice and close with shuttle runs every 30 minutes to the terminal. Everything you expect in a HGI using the front desk to the left layout. Check-in very quick, bill accurate, and a clean room. Had dinner downstairs and service was prompt, drinks strong, and food was pretty good compared to other HGI properties. Only issue was not receiving HH points for spending over $25 on food, but has turned out to be a common issue with this promotion even when you fill out the little card. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: better verizon service in upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve S
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you Steve S for your patronage. We have verified that indeed your points will be credited to your account, they just take a little longer due to being processed manually. I am so glad that you enjoyed the ease of use at our property and had an enjoyable dinner. We look forward to your return visit. Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

Took all but 30 seconds to check in, Very close to highway. Safe well lit parking. Very clean rooms with nice shower head. I would stay here again every time I'm in this area of Cleveland.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank springboks1
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Thank you springboks1 for your feedback and taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport. We appreciate the time that you have taken to spread the word about your Perfect stay and the staff gleems with the recognition. We hope to see you back in the future!

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here on April 27th because we had an early flight out the next morning. I booked a Park and Fly package online. Apparently, this package normally costs a little more but was the same as their regular rates this weekend. The front desk person knew this, but did not check, even after I asked for a shuttle the next morning. My husband noticed we didn't fill out the standard paperwork on our car, and got it rectified. Did not get an apology from the front desk.

I did not try it, but my husband stated the free breakfast in the morning was well worth it.

Overall, I've stayed here before, it's a great location for a good price very near to airport and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Irys74
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you Irys74 for your feedback. I see that we have fell short of your initial expectations of finalizing the paperwork for your Park and Fly package. I do thank you for bringing it to our attention and extend our most sincere apologies from our team. We have been able to take your feedback and see where we missed the mark. I appreciate your loyalty and do hope that if your travels bring you back to needing the park and fly package for a trip from the Cleveland Airport that we see you again!

Reviewed April 10, 2012

I travel LOTS and just had to post a review of my experience at this HGI property. From the front desk to the housekeeping staff, to the restaurant chef and wait staff...I have nothing but positive comments and praise. On my second evening in the hotel restaurant, after a long day of driving and meeting with clients, I sat relaxing (detoxing!) from my day, enjoying a long-awaited glass of wine. The chef came out and checked with me to see how my meal was the evening before (and apologized for not making it out that night!) and asked if I had any special requests for tonight's meal. I was truly impressed at the willingness of all to make my stay more pleasant!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Thank you Patricia O for your gracious feedback and praise. We are here to deliver exceptional service and love that you had a such a great time. We can't wait to have you back- your wine will be waiting!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was last at this location in August of 2011, and I left a nice review of my experiences. The nice stay before led me to overlook other choices and come back to this fine hotel again.

I stayed for a week this time, and I requested a high floor, with an airport side view. I ended up in room 510, which was an at least partially accessible room. There was more space, but I found it less "cozy" than the room I had last time (I think 502). The room seemed somewhat empty, and the bathroom was very spartan, but spacious. The sink was a very simple single width affair in the corner that I found to be to small, with very little room to spread out toiletries. This room was immediately adjacent to the elevator corridor, but again I found the insulation at HGI's to be extraordinarily good, and I was never disturbed by noise other than one episode of children running in the hall.

The hotel was showing a little more wear in the intervening 8 months, as I think I recall calling it "nearly new" when I was last here. Nothing objectionable mind you, but showing some wear.

Low point?: Finding that the housekeeping service was not on top of their game. One my first arrival after the room being serviced, I was very surprised to see that two glasses I had used the night before were left untouched on the desk and dresser. The ice bucket was also left with water in it. I had ironed my clothes on the first night, and failed to put the ironing board and iron away. This too, was left alone. Perhaps the iron is policy to leave it as you find it, but the dirty dishes should have been addressed. On the second night everything was to my liking, so perhaps the maid was called away before the room was finished. I didn't report the issues, so management was not given the opportunity to react.

Shower curtain - The bathtub was a very standard cast iron/porcelain tub, but it still had the arced shower curtain. I tried as best I could, but I could not keep a large pool of water from forming just outside the head of the tub, due to the curtain design. This is going to cause problems for maintenance in the future.

Service - Housekeeping issues aside, the service at the HGI was extraordinarily good (again). In particular the crew running the American Grille managed to get me to eat and drink in house everyday and night. That is amazing for me, particularly on a week long stay. Much of the credit goes to Jackie for her bright smile and welcome, and the chef's who served every meal with care. I had a steak that was among the best ever. I found it interesting that several people made the same choice I did, which was to go down and enjoy a cocktail while their "to go" order was made. It's a terrific credit to a warm and hard working staff (and managers that know how to pick great help!).

The front desk again shone as very efficient, very well trained, and empowered to help customers with issues. I threw them about 3 curve balls, any of which would have slowed a lesser trained staff at another hotel, but the HGI had them ready to roll. One of the stickier issues had a newer employee only beginning to show a need for help, when an attentive co-worker over promptly showed them how to solve it. If I hadn't been watching so closely, I would have never noticed that it took a different procedure to solve my issue. Excellent, efficient, and warm. Just what I expect when I spend a few extra bucks for Hilton quality.

The only maintenance issue was that the pool was closed (it happens), but the jacuzzi was working, and very nice. I used the business center to print my boarding passes, and I found it to be working, and the free printing is appreciated. Wi-fi worked well throughout the hotel, and was no charge.

This hotel is located immediately north of the CLE airport, and very close to the rental car facility. Easy in-easy out. It's just a little tricky getting into the hotel, as you actually travel past it on Grayton Road, before getting to the service road that gives you access.

Right now it remains to be seen if business will carry me back to CLE, but this will be my spot if I return. Meanwhile I have booked my next three trips (NYC, DFW, MCO) in Hilton Garden Inn's. If they'll add a free happy hour like Embassy Suites, they'll own me.

Room Tip: Avoid "accessible" rooms to find a cozier feel with nicer appointment. Don't fear roo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zjxtinpusher

Thank you for your gift of feedback! We were able to address the housekeeping issues that you mentioned and greatly appreciate the generous feedback about the restaurant and front desk team members. They were beaming with pride and appreciated the recognition. We look forward to a guest room renovation later this year to update the look and feel. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to having you back!