“Service and Hilton quality make this one stand out.”

Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed a the Hilton Garden Inn Airport Cleveland for a 3 day business trip. Check in was very quick, courteous, and handled my room request with a smile. While the room was "just a room", I did find it very well equipped with both wireless and wired internet, with enough bandwidth to watch Netflix movies. The furnishings all seemed new, and the "Garden Sleep System" bed was terrific. The bathroom came with all the standard toiletries, and a spacious shower/bath combo.

I had a 5th floor room, facing the airport, which made for a nice view. I only noticed plane noise once the entire trip, when an older freight hauler flew overhead. Otherwise the room was dead silent. The elevators were a little slow. I didn't use the exercise facilities or the indoor pool, but they looked nice.

I stayed on the government rate, and was able to add breakfast to the rate for only $4, versus the 11.00 normal price. Breakfast was hot and fresh, with several made to order options on the menu. I also had a room service meal that was terrific, and reasonably priced. The lobby bar was staffed by friendly people who made happy hour enjoyable. They have a nice patio area off the bar for outdoor lounging, or for smokers. Everything was immaculately clean.

The front desk went out of there way for my team on several occasions to make sure we had everything we needed, including some special transportation needs with the hotel shuttle. Above all, the service we enjoyed here was the high point, making an otherwise ordinary property one that I will seek out again on future trips.

Room Tip: While the rooms were well insulated, noise in the hallway can be annoying. Ask for a room near the...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank zjxtinpusher
HGICLEAP, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2011

Thank you for your nice comments about the HGI Cleveland Airport during your recent stay. It is our array of services that differentiates us from others in the local area when choosing your overnight accomodations. I am so glad that you appreciated the 24 hour shuttle service, complimentary Wi-Fi and the wonderful Garden Sleep System bed. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet as it truly is a great selection of breakfast items reasonably priced. We pride ourselves on providing memorable service and an "imacculately clean" product. Thank you for noticing! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit to Cleveland.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel was very up to date and clean and the room was huge! The staff was helpful and the pool was nice and clean. Very close to the airport and a good place to stay if you are driving through Cleveland.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steven O

Dear scientifics,
Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at our hotel. Glad that you enjoyed your stay and our welcoming pool!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

This hotel is convenient to the airport and offers a complimentary airport shuttle. Staff was courteous although not overly friendly. The rooms are pretty basic. A fine enough place to stay. Neutrogena toiletries.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you filmytanks for your feedback on TripAdvisor about your recent stay. We strive to make your stay memorable and apologize for the feeling that we were not overfriendly. We will share this with the staff as we work to continually deliver great customer service. The option of our 24 hour complimentary shuttle and being a quiet hotel within minutes of the airport are great for travelers such as you with early flights. We hope to see you again if you make it back to Cleveland, safe travels!

Reviewed July 23, 2011

We're from Columbus and had an early flight out of CLE so we wanted to stay up there. After a horrible experience at one of the Snow Road properties a few years ago, we looked over on the other side of the airport.

This was perfect, great price, clean, quiet, a decent little pool and free parking and airport shuttle. Check-in was a little slow, only because some yahoos were paying with cash in front of us. However it was very friendly and they made sure our shuttle was arranged.

HGI is half-a-notch above Hampton, and they eliminate the free breakfast, but when you leave at 4am, that's not a concern.

Cleveland has one of their aggravating red light cameras on the main road outside, so mind the yellow light. There is no noise from the airport.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank TeamW4
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I wasn't expecting too much from this hotel since I consider a mid-price hotel on the lower side of the hilton hotel family and have frequently stayed at the DoubleTree in the area.

The hotel desk was busy when I entered and the weather had taken its toil on my driving. I was pleasantly surprised at how polite and helpful there were. What a great start to my first visit!

The parking turned out to be right outside where we came in to check in and for a middle of the city hotel that was a good thing. I always seem to walking down long hallways or using one or more bellhops at higher priced hotels.

The room was very comfortable. I could control the fan and the temperature which we later needed to be warmer. I love that. I don't know if the WiFi worked or not, I have switched to cellular cards for internet service when traveling. The TV as great and the bath room even better.

It was a busy weekend so we didn't go to the diner area for breakfast or anything. We did however use room service. I have mixed expectations of room service usually and was very pleased that the presentation was great and the dietary requests were totally understood. I was so happy and commented about that when I checked out. Of all the moments, I needed room service to save me time and aggravation, this was one of them.

Next time I visit, I will have to make a hard choice between this hotel and its sibling the Doubletree.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank always_economy_class
Reviewed May 27, 2011

This hotel has everything you could need. We stay there when visiting relatives in Cleveland. The rooms are clean and large. Beds are comfy & no noise from the airport. The breakfast in the moring is a good value with good food.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Still enyoiing the perfect cooked to order pancakes! Excellent breakfast staff and a perfect preakfasr for a nice price. As we had it complimentary it was a real treat.

THe hotel is very comfortable en just minutes from Cleveland airport. Excellent choice for comming in our leaving from Cleveland airport.

Very good price.