“One word......Awesome”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“One word......Awesome”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

So I had only learned about this place 20 minutes before heading over there. The people in my group kept raving about it. I didn't believe them, I figured ice cream is ice cream boy was I wrong. This place is Amazingness in a bowl or on a cone your choice topped with whatever your heart desires( for a fee or course) I recommend the French salted caramel ice cream and I had it topped with hot fudge. The price is the only downside, one small scoop w/ fudge will run you 4.50 plus tax and that is one of the cheapest item on the menu. I loved the atmosphere a great trip back in time. The staff seemed over busy and with such a long line 15+ people you would think they would have more the one register open on a Saturday night, nope. So we waited but it was worth it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank CloverNYC

Cleveland, Ohio
“Delicious sundaes in a fun environment”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Love going to Sweet Moses. The place is set-up like an old-fashioned soda fountain and the sundaes are incredibly delicious!

Visited August 2013
Frederick, Maryland
“Oh Have mercy.....”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is the greatest ice cream place I have ever been in. The ice cream was awesome, however the ambience was spectatular. This is a must visit place for all. We had bananas foster, mint chocolate chip and Salted French caramel ice cream and it was the best. But as I said the ambience was what really got to me.

The back of the ice bar was wooden with stained glass accents, that came from somewhere else and is vintage. The bar itself was marble and I was told that it came from PA, with all the metal fixtures behind it being vintage also. When the ice cream was served to us at metal and wrought iron table and chairs, it came in what appeared vintage glass ice cream dishes, with a paper doily under it all. The ice cream cones where placed in a sundae glass with a napkin tucked in beneath it.

The whole experience was wonder and I am thankful that I do not live near by as I would always be in that place. :)

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Cheryl W
Dickerson, Maryland
“Indescribably sublime ice cream, shop & staff”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

At the recommendation of Robin Yates, our innkeeper @ the Brownstone Inn in Cleveland (wonderfully charming historic B&B), my husband/I topped off a 1st-time visit to Cleveland in late May 2013 with a stop @ Sweet Moses. I consider myself a true ice cream (top of the food pyramid as far as I'm concerned) afficionado and I've never had better than we enjoyed @ Sweet Moses -- Belgian chocolate cone for me and strawberry cone for the hubby. Sweet Moses alone is total justification for a return trip to Cleveland SOON. The shop takes you back to yesteryear to an authentic soda/ice cream fountain experience. The staff couldn't have been better and did I mention that the ice cream is a true party on your palate. I'm virtualy drooling recalling it 6-7 weeks later. I will not be within 100 miles of Sweet Moses without making a return visit. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank InfoSeekers
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Mitchell's fans! Don't pass this one by.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Ohio has so many great ice cream sources, that you might not think about Sweet Moses in the heart of the Gordon Park arts district. Don't make that mistake. Our sundaes' were magnificent and the malted milkshake was perfection. Take Lake east from Clifton to 68th and Detroit. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013