“Massive Bathhouse with Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flex Cleveland Baths

Flex Cleveland Baths
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cleveland
Flex Cleveland Baths
Brooklyn, NY
“Massive Bathhouse with Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

For the unfamiliar -- While also a hotel, Flex is a gay bathhouse --- Men Only!

At 50,000 square feet, I would guess this is the largest bathhouse in North America -- perhaps the world. A former Greyhound office and bus terminal, the facility has been restored with a similar aesthetic.

There is an enormous gym, a large pool, jacuzzi, sauna, a large maze-like steam room, a massive lounge, a bar where they serve food and drink, an outdoor pool, an outdoor "beach" (a patio with sand), lockers, private rooms, hotel rooms, as well as several 'play' areas.

I very much appreciated the fact that one could rent hotel rooms. The hotel rooms were in the $120-150 range (including tax, etc.) and are not a bad price considering all that the facility has to offer. Certainly better than paying similar rates at another hotel in Cleveland. The room was very clean, carpeted, and quiet. It included its own private bathroom and a television with multiple cable channels.

In the hotel room, I could faintly hear the music coming from the rest of the club -- I was able to sleep through it just fine, but I could see that being a problem for some folks.

I found the rest of the complex to be generally clean and well maintained, and the staff to be cordial. There were some areas that could be improved however.

There weren't that many men there. I checked in on a Saturday afternoon and stayed through Sunday morning and I would guess there was no more than 40 men in the entire facility at any given time. In a 50,000 square foot facility that felt sparse.

The drainage in the steam room was not in great working order, with several standing puddles throughout (gross!). And I found the flooring to be very uncomfortable. It was mostly an unswept coarse industrial tile that felt uncomfortable in bare feet.

I also found the lighting in the 'play' areas to be far too dim -- but I realize that many folks prefer it that way.

But overall, this is a spectacular facility and I certainly had a fun visit. I'd highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If noise is a concern, ask for a quieter room.