“Really cool hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
“Really cool hotel”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

One of the nicer hotels ive stayed at in Ohio. Staff is very friendly and inviting. This place is built like a fortress so you dont hear anything outside your room ever. I liked how the breakfast offered soy milk. As a non-dairy consumer this really made my week. Hotel resturants are normally quite frightening but the mediterranean joint downstairs is fantastic. My ONLY complaint about the hotel is that if you have a lot of luggage or gear on carts its a pain in the butt getting up to the lobby; you have to take a smaller, seperate elevator to get there. Dont forget to take the tour!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
Ewing, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was about to leave the hotel and the clouds were threatening, so I asked if there were any hotel umbrellas left. There were none, so the gal at the reception loaned me an umbrella that I later found out was hers. That experience typified my relationships with staff at the hotel. The room was quite pleasant as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Lewis Center, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at the Tudor Arms for two nights while conducting business at the Cleveland Clinic. My room was on the ninth floor and was quite spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. The hardwood floors were an elegant touch. Though, the hotel is not in a great part of town for dining purposes, the hotel has a shuttle that will take you anywhere within a 2 mile radius - which includes Little Italy where there are some very nice restaurants. I ended up ordering room service both nights (I'd give that three stars) from The Canopy Mediterranean Grill.

Check-in was a little slow, but check-out was efficient. I recommend using the valet as the parking lot is small and cramped.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank AceBucki
Steven P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
thank you for sharing your hotel experience with tripadvisor. I am happy to read you enjoyed yourself and we were able to meet many of your expectations. Please visit us again soon!
Cleveland, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The room was very modern with the most comfortable bed! The bathroom was a bit small, but was compensated by the overhead rain shower faucet. The service couldn't be better. Everyone was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your excellent experience with tripadvisor. Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectations and it is so rewarding to read about your most recent stay. Come back soon!
United States
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The rooms were enormous and beautiful. Our only issue was the front desk's explanation of mandatory valet parking. It didn't get us off on the right foot. There is no free parking---self or valet. I suggest increasing the room rate and call the parking free.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. While we are very happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with the price of self and valet parking during your stay with us.

Our main concern is for all our guests to experience an exceptional stay and I sincerely apologize if we were not able to deliver this for you. Our guests’ satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. With this said, I will assure you that I will take your comments to are General Manager for review.

Please accept our sincere apology and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again.
Chicago, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Took me forever to check in at 10 pm on a Thursday night!! Staff seemed overwhelmed, patrons were obnoxious and seemed to bicker over points with the staff. I placed the room service card on my door at 11 pm for breakfast service in the am, and discovered they never came to collect it even though they indicated they would if placed on the door before midnight. Maid walked into my room while i was in the bathroom. Only saving grace was the valet (she deserves a raise for being the best and most professional staff member in the entire hotel) and the rooms were sharp. Otherwise, fail.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your review on trip advisor is very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Our goal is to receive 5 stars on trip advisor. I would like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience. I would invite you to contact me personally at steven.pittman@hilton.com. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Mars, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We arrived late (but called ahead for guaranteed late check-in). The valet wasn't around and I didn't like leaving my wife in the car alone while I went in. See, the area isn't particularly nice. But I was only going to be a minute. The front desk staff was very nice - even gave us extra cookies! She called the valet over and he took care of us. We were checked in and into our room within minutes. The room was pretty nice. But the TV didn't work. They couldn't fix it so they moved us to another room. That took a while. We waited in our room doing nothing since there was no TV and we couldn't unpack. Finally we moved. The new room's TV worked but the bathroom was about half the size. The door on the bathroom didn't shut well. There's no fan and the toilet seat was only attached on one side. The towel hook was too loose to hold a towel. There was only enough toilet paper for one use (and no refill). The A/C dripped leaving a wet area in front of the bathroom door. The desk chair I am sitting in to write this is so wobbly I'm afraid I may fall out. OH! and during the night there was some crazy beeping - it sounded like morse code - all night.

I chose this hotel because of the location and I figured "it's a Double Tree, I'm confident in its quality." Like I said, the people were super but the room... not so much. I think next time we will stay in Independence. It's 20 minutes away but half the price.

Note, on my way out I mentioned the experience to the desk clerk. As I was getting into my car she ran out to stop me. She discounted my stay. That made me happier. Like I said, the entire staff was so friendly. I just wish everything else could have been as nice.

Room Tip: This hotel is very close to the Cleveland Clinic campus. But the area all around the clinic isn'...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with the condition of our suite. This is not typical at our hotel, and the issue you mentioned have been discussed with our team. We always strive to provide a 5 star experience, and your satisfaction is important to us. We deeply value your business, and we want to restore your confidence in our hotel. While there are many hotels in Cleveland, we sincerely hope you will consider staying with us in the future.