New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Prestonsburg
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a great place to stay in Cleveland, particularly when traveling to Cleveland Clinic. It is a beautiful place with all the amenities you may need or want. Staff is very helpful and so very courteous. This hotel offers a special rate for those traveling to Cleveland Clinic, a wonderful service. We've stayed here twice and plan to stay again. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted to learn we exceeded your expectations and thank you for your kind comments about our staff and location. We appreciate your feedback and your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Second stay at this hotel. Both due to a required surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. This hotel is listed by the Clinic as one of their 'partner' hotels. The restaurant food and service is quite good. The front desk employees upon check in and departure each stay were friendly. The most concerning issue for us: the overnight front desk employees. These 2 clerks, both males, were entirely inappropriate. One of them, I don't know his name, was of no help at all when I told him at 4:10 a.m. ET that the desk clerk, upon our check-in the night before, had notified the hotel shuttle staff we would require the shuttle to take us the 0.3 miles to the Clinic for my husband's surgery. He simply grunted at us and said the other clerk had to help us. This clerk, named "Raj", was slumped over the desk looking at papers with 2 visitors to the hotel asking him questions about room availability. We patiently waited - we knew Raj had heard the exchange with the other clerk. After about 10 minutes, I asked Raj if he would alert the shuttle driver for us. He ignored us totally. Noting the time, I asked the first clerk to please call for our car. That was the better experience of our 3-night stay this visit. My husband was kept overnight on the evening of Feb. 17. At 7 a.m. ET (shuttle hours officially begin at 7 a.m. ET), I walked to the front desk - which was completely free of anyone except the same 2 male clerks from the morning prior. I asked clerk one if the shuttle was available to take me to the Clinic (I had left my car parked there overnight for convenience of picking up my husband later in the day of 2/18). He looked at me with a blank expression. I stepped in front of Raj and asked him the same question. Now, to make matters even more interesting, it had snowed nearly 5 inches overnight. Raj, with a look of total disdain and annoyance that I had interrupted whatever it was he was not doing, actually raised his voice at me and said the shuttle had just left and would not return until 30 minutes. I told him this was unacceptable given there was no notice that the shuttle only operated on an every 30 minute interval. The Cleveland Clinic is a world-class medical institution and we received the best service, attention and care anyone could hope for. I asked Raj to please call a taxi for me. I waited while he stood there looking down at his counter. I waited for what seemed an eternity knowing he was not going to help me. Finally, after about 5 minutes, I told both of these inattentive clerks that I would WALK to the Clinic. That is what I did. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I am in Cleveland frequently with business travel and know the city well. I will also let the Clinic know how we were treated by these 2 clerks. The hotel has many good features and there are some staff there who take guest services seriously. However, at a time when we needed the much-advertised assistance of a simple shuttle service to the Clinic, this service was not only not available, but the employees were rude, inattentive and even threatening in their approach to me.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your review is very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I would like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience. I would invite you to contact me personally by email at steven.pittman@hilton.com or by telephone.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
Los Angeles, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The suite is surprisingly spacious with two queen beds, microwave, refrigerator and great views from 6 windows. We love it. The location is convenient to Case Western University, Cleveland Institute of Art and Music and Museum of Art.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at the Tudor Arms while our son was recovering for surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. The hotel was affordably priced and close to the Clinic. A shuttle made it easy to get back and forth without a car. The staff was exceptionally kind because they know that many of their guests are going through a difficult time. Lucretia and Darrell were particularly helpful. The rooms were clean and attractive though bathrooms were very small and counter space limited. The breakfast buffet was adequate but the restaurant was food. Their fish sandwich was really good

• 5 of 5 stars
We are delighted you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your comments about Lucreisha, Derrell and staff service. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back
Cleveland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Well. My stay was a memorable experience. I was impressed at how well an old hotel was made to be so very comfortable. Where should I start. I guess I'll work backward - The bed: Super comfortable. Pillows: Lots of them and of excellent quality. Sound: Dead quiet. In fact, the Tudor was probably the most quiet hotel I have ever stayed at. The TV: Junky channels, and no Pay 4 view - so what. Internet: Worked really good; however, I didn't use it much. Bathroom: Plenty of hot water, two sinks, and loads and loads of big, soft, clean white towels - better than those other two high dollar hotels nearby. Staff: Okay. Floors: No rugs (is that a good thing?). Coffee: Great!. Windows: small, old, frosted with ice in February. Cost: Not too bad. Location: Nice. Other: Two hot cookies when I walked in> Would I stay again: Yes.

• 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your excellent experience! Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectations and it is so rewarding to read about your most recent stay. Come back soon!
Holland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The Doubletree Tudor Arms hotel in Cleveland is an old building on the outside that hides many pleasant suprises inside! The staff is courteous, kind, and helpful. The interior of the hotel is beautiful and interesting to explore. The rooms have an art deco, retro feel. We loved the shuttle service, the convenient location to the Cleveland Clinic and some Cleveland highlights like The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame. The food in both in-house restaurants was delicious. We will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your room and that you enjoyed the various amenities in it. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our restaurants. I will certainly share your remarks with the entire Team,
Smithfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We only stayed one night but really loved this hotel. The room and lobby were beautiful and the staff very helpful. The furnishings were contemporary, with dark wood floor, high ceilings, beautiful view. The shuttle took us around within a small radius of hotel but this was all we needed. Everyone was friendly. They will store your luggage after you check out (no charge).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5 star review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear your positive feedback concerning our hotel rooms. We always strive to exceed our guest expectations, and your satisfaction is important to us. We cant wait to welcome you back again next time you visit Cleveland.