“Surprisingly comfortable”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Dayton, United States
“Surprisingly comfortable”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

For an old hotel, this Doubletree is very comfortable. The rooms are clean. No mold in the bathroom. The lounge area is very beautiful with its wood panel walls and the entrance makes me feel like I'm walking into a historical building. The hotel is easy to get to (near the clinic) and in a safe area close to Little Italy. You have to drive down to the bigger area attractions by the water, but worth a safe, clean hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and all of its unique amenities, and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind words. We will look forward to serving you again, when your next travels bring you to Cleveland.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Good place to stay in Cleveland. The hotel has the standard Doubletree level of service and is just right for travel. Large rooms with Art Deco style. The staff is good and make you feel comfortable. I will stay here again when in Cleveland.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for sharing your excellent experience! Our staff works hard to exceed guest expectations and it is so rewarding to read about your most recent stay. Come back soon!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What a huge special surprise greets one when entering the Tudor Arms Hotel! It's gorgeous from top to bottom -- throughout! This artfully restored historic site housed the exclusive Cleveland Club during a former oppulent era. At the front desk, Jasmine welcomes guests and from that moment forward everything is outstanding! Our room is gorgeous and exceptionally clean! The halls are clean, too -- even the corners. Jasmine is outstanding. Following right behind her are other superb employees who are well-selected and highly trained including some who stopped to offer service and tell us about the hotel ~~ Larry (Maintenance), Freddie (Housekeeping), and others. We find our room restfully quiet with a bed conducive to sleep. When staying here, one must be certain to see the two ballrooms with lovely rooms in-between. Be sure to look UP as well as all-round everywhere, starting with the hotel entrance. When I made the reservation weeks ago, I was told immediately about the parking options and costs. We travel extensively and stay in hotels big and small from the World's fanciest to desperat-stop simple -- I do not rate most in which we stay. I (too) have been a Hilton Honors member for years, We shall return often to Tudor Arms with eager anticipation!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton the Tudor Arms Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your room and all of its unique amenities, and that you found the hotel’s location convenient. Thank you for your kind words especially about Jasmine, Larry and Freddie. We will look forward to serving you again, when your next travels bring you to Cleveland.
Rutland, Vermont USA
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Refurbished Art Deco hotel just a few minutes from the downtown. Classic hotel with spacious rooms. Built as the Cleveland Men's Club and later used as a dorm by Case Western Reserve. I just loved the history. Great breakfast buffet and restaurant. Free Internet. Commuter rail station just a few minutes walk away. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
Wow, thank you for sharing your thoughts about our location on Trip advisor! We couldn't agree with you more; we love our location, history and amenities our hotel have to offer. we are in the University circle district area near Cleveland clinic, Case Western University and museums. Thank you for your warm comments. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here Labor Day weekend for a relative's wedding. Valet parking is $19/night - never informed about self-park at $3 less. Was a little perturbed that one of our 2 rooms was not ready until almost 5pm, and we had to be ready for a wedding rehearsal at 5:30. Otherwise staff was great. They gave us a whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies while we were taking pictures getting ready for the wedding. Also, during the reception there was a spill on the dance floor, and one of the staff, Pam, became the instant hit of the party. She not only cleaned up the spill so that no one fell, she even did it while dancing with the guests! She was just great! The guests really appreciated her help, her style, and her smile!
One comment - we had a group rate initially for wedding guests, and when I found a cheaper rate on line, they lowered the group rate, too, which was appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your appraisal of our service team is highly appreciated. I will proudly share it with the rest of the team as it is a continuous inspiration to our pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel twice, and unfortunately we probably won't return. It's not because we don't want to. We love Hilton hotels in general and have been Hilton Honors members for many years. In addition, we have a love for restored historic buildings, and this one is a gem. Built in the early 1930's, this Gothic Revival building once housed the swanky, exclusive Cleveland Club, and through the years, many celebrities performed in its gorgeous ballroom. The property fell into disrepair and was beautifully restored. But if you want a good night's sleep, stay somewhere else. This hotel is noisy. You will likely hear doors slamming and loud guests returning from late night partying. During our most recent visit, when we could stand the noise no longer, we called the front desk. The clerk sent a security guard to our floor and things got quieter, but by then, the damage was done. Our good night's sleep was ruined. The loud doors in the middle of the night were an issue in our first stay as well, but we decided to give the Tudor a second chance. A stay at this hotel is not cheap. The nearby Courtyard by Marriott and Glidden House hotels are much quieter and have more accommodating staff members in our opinion, and at the Glidden House, a wonderful buffet breakfast is included in the price of your room. If you stay at the Tudor, you'll be taking your chances.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
We take your feedback seriously, and we are sorry we failed to provide the service you should have received. We regret your disappointment and we hope to have the opportunity to make amends.

I will be happy to oversee any future reservations to ensure you have a flawless experience, and I can be reached directly at 216.455.1260 ext 7205

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here this weekend (31st - 2nd) for labor day weekend. The hotel is nice, room is nice, no complaints about anything in the room or the hotel. The staff was friendly and always saying hi.

Here's my complaint: When I checked in, I was given a parking pass to put on my dashboard, which I did. Nothing else was said by the attendant. Upon checking out, she asks if I have a parking receipt (which I didn't), and she promptly printed it out (I had no idea what it was). Turns out, I owe $35 for two days of parking ($16 each day). I'm speechless. I was never told about paying for parking, and I also expected a hotel of this nature to have free parking itself. When I told the attendant that I was never told that we had to pay for parking, she essentially shrugged. Then, she called over another person (the person who checked us in) and she said "Oh, I'm pretty sure I told you when you checked in, but either way it should be on your online receipt.") No. We weren't told, and no, it wasn't. Instead of providing good customer service and saying "It's our fault, we will wipe the parking.", they just stared at me to pay it.

Overall, if I were to ever stay in Ohio again, I wouldn't stay here. I don't appreciate the "scam" feeling, or being lied to, and customer service should have really prevailed here. Extremely disappointed.

4 Thank Joey S
Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about our staff and rooms. I am sorry you were dissatisfied with the cost of self parking. I offer my sincere apology for the numerous times we failed to provide the service you should have received. It is always our intention to exceed guests’ expectations. I hope we get a chance to make amends and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me directly at 216.455-1260 ext 7205