WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel

DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel
Ranked #11 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Rutland, Vermont USA
“Elegance at a great price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Refurbished Art Deco hotel just a few minutes from the downtown. Classic hotel with spacious rooms. Built as the Cleveland Men's Club and later used as a dorm by Case Western Reserve. I just loved the history. Great breakfast buffet and restaurant. Free Internet. Commuter rail station just a few minutes walk away. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Wow, thank you for sharing your thoughts about our location on Trip advisor! We couldn't agree with you more; we love our location, history and amenities our hotel have to offer. we are in the University circle district area near Cleveland clinic, Case Western University and museums. Thank you for your warm comments. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here Labor Day weekend for a relative's wedding. Valet parking is $19/night - never informed about self-park at $3 less. Was a little perturbed that one of our 2 rooms was not ready until almost 5pm, and we had to be ready for a wedding rehearsal at 5:30. Otherwise staff was great. They gave us a whole bunch of chocolate chip cookies while we were taking pictures getting ready for the wedding. Also, during the reception there was a spill on the dance floor, and one of the staff, Pam, became the instant hit of the party. She not only cleaned up the spill so that no one fell, she even did it while dancing with the guests! She was just great! The guests really appreciated her help, her style, and her smile!
One comment - we had a group rate initially for wedding guests, and when I found a cheaper rate on line, they lowered the group rate, too, which was appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your appraisal of our service team is highly appreciated. I will proudly share it with the rest of the team as it is a continuous inspiration to our pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel twice, and unfortunately we probably won't return. It's not because we don't want to. We love Hilton hotels in general and have been Hilton Honors members for many years. In addition, we have a love for restored historic buildings, and this one is a gem. Built in the early 1930's, this Gothic Revival building once housed the swanky, exclusive Cleveland Club, and through the years, many celebrities performed in its gorgeous ballroom. The property fell into disrepair and was beautifully restored. But if you want a good night's sleep, stay somewhere else. This hotel is noisy. You will likely hear doors slamming and loud guests returning from late night partying. During our most recent visit, when we could stand the noise no longer, we called the front desk. The clerk sent a security guard to our floor and things got quieter, but by then, the damage was done. Our good night's sleep was ruined. The loud doors in the middle of the night were an issue in our first stay as well, but we decided to give the Tudor a second chance. A stay at this hotel is not cheap. The nearby Courtyard by Marriott and Glidden House hotels are much quieter and have more accommodating staff members in our opinion, and at the Glidden House, a wonderful buffet breakfast is included in the price of your room. If you stay at the Tudor, you'll be taking your chances.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We take your feedback seriously, and we are sorry we failed to provide the service you should have received. We regret your disappointment and we hope to have the opportunity to make amends.

I will be happy to oversee any future reservations to ensure you have a flawless experience, and I can be reached directly at 216.455.1260 ext 7205

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here this weekend (31st - 2nd) for labor day weekend. The hotel is nice, room is nice, no complaints about anything in the room or the hotel. The staff was friendly and always saying hi.

Here's my complaint: When I checked in, I was given a parking pass to put on my dashboard, which I did. Nothing else was said by the attendant. Upon checking out, she asks if I have a parking receipt (which I didn't), and she promptly printed it out (I had no idea what it was). Turns out, I owe $35 for two days of parking ($16 each day). I'm speechless. I was never told about paying for parking, and I also expected a hotel of this nature to have free parking itself. When I told the attendant that I was never told that we had to pay for parking, she essentially shrugged. Then, she called over another person (the person who checked us in) and she said "Oh, I'm pretty sure I told you when you checked in, but either way it should be on your online receipt.") No. We weren't told, and no, it wasn't. Instead of providing good customer service and saying "It's our fault, we will wipe the parking.", they just stared at me to pay it.

Overall, if I were to ever stay in Ohio again, I wouldn't stay here. I don't appreciate the "scam" feeling, or being lied to, and customer service should have really prevailed here. Extremely disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Joey S
Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about our staff and rooms. I am sorry you were dissatisfied with the cost of self parking. I offer my sincere apology for the numerous times we failed to provide the service you should have received. It is always our intention to exceed guests’ expectations. I hope we get a chance to make amends and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back. Please contact me directly at 216.455-1260 ext 7205
Forest City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here with my two young sons. From check in to check out everything was awesome. A clean room and a very spacious bathroom. Comfy beds and the room was very quiet. But Jasmine at the front desk is who made this hotel great. She helped us with an early check in and was concerned all during our stay. Each front desk clerk that we interacted with was great but Jasmine went the extra mile to make sure our stay was perfect which it was. Doubletree should put her in charge of training all front desk agents system wide. She was that good.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. Your appraisal of Jasmine is highly appreciated. I will proudly share it with her and the rest of the team as it is a continuous inspiration to our pursuit of excellence in everything we do. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the very near future.
California, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I would first like to thank the Manager he is WONDERFUL!
We were staying at the hotel because my Mom was in the Cleveland Clinic for heart surgery. We stayed for 7 nights and the accommodations, staff and location to the clinic were wonderful. They have a shuttle that goes between the clinic and the hotel all day and night.
THANK YOU for a wonderful stay!
We will be back in about a month for another week stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found comfort in your room and that you enjoyed the various amenities in it. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service team. I will certainly share your remarks with the entire staff as I am sure they will be equally pleased learning of your appraisal of their efforts to meet your needs. Your patronage is highly valued. We will look forward to serving you and your travel companion again in the very near future.
Charlotte, NC, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very conveniently located near Case Western. Rooms are big enough and nicely furnished with big comfortable bed hard wood floors. The staff were more than friendly, although perhaps not quite professional in demeanor at times. The biggest complaint that I had was the fact that one of the two elevators was out of order which led to some long waits. The hotel operates a shuttle service within a two-mile radius that gets you to some great eating and night-life.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business