DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Cleveland University Circle(Cleveland)
Glidden House(Cleveland)
McCall's Motel(Cleveland)
  • Breakfast included
1,463 results
All reviewscleveland clinichardwood floorsdouble treehistoric hoteluniversity circleshuttle servicecookiesold buildingcase western reserve universityvalet parkingmile radiushotel shuttleart museumfree shuttleseverance hallself parkvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Pleasant hotel with helpful staff - only one functioning elevator during a busy period. They didn't post a sign that indicated elevator was not working. It was clear that they were understaffed, but every effort was made to satisfy my requests. Location was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I came to this hotel while spending a wk. at The Cleveland Clinic. They have discount room rates for those using the Clinic. The shuttle service they provide is on time and gets you to wherever you need to go within a certain coverage zone....I was on time for all appts. and the shuttle service was provided by kind and caring drivers who went out of their way to help. The front desk people were so warm and welcoming and quick to help with anything. The beds in the rooms have top of the line linens and pillows and make for a restful sleep! I loved the terry robes and slippers hanging in the bathroom! Overall, I left feeling as if i was leaving family. If the need arises for me to return, I will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ilene T
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I hope that my experience was unusual. Our reservations were mishandled despite explicit clarifications, the room rate was not as promised, one elevator was out of service, there were not enough teaspoons to satisfy the combination of breakfast room plus ballroom, the draperies did not work, there was no room safe, there was not enough toilet paper, and we were locked out of our room. On the other hand, if you *need to* be near the Cleveland Clinic or Case, you have very few choices. Evidently, that's this hotel's key strength.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I took a group and had 5 rooms. Four of the rooms were great. One was smaller, which is okay, but had a hump in the floor which is a major tripping hazard. Also, in that room, the air conditioner was leaking which was reported when we first got there and no one ever came to fix it.
The biggest problem was the elevator. Only one elevator working. Did not appear to be anyone working on the elevator to fix it. That is unacceptable in such a large hotel.
Did not eat there as the prices were too high, which seems to be typical in expensive hotels. I don't understand how other, lower priced, hotels can offer a free breakfast, but the more expensive hotels cannot or will not. Wanted to stay at a place that offered breakfast, but this was the only place that had enough rooms for our group.
Yes, it was a very nice hotel. The front desk staff were great and the room were awesome.
Don't let the elevator go unfixed for three days. That's just not right.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Don't let the name fool you -- this is not like any Doubletree property you have ever seen. It is an old building that, had it been renovated and maintained well, would make a lovely hotel near some area hospitals. Instead, it is dirty and dingy and just generally unkempt. The carpet in the hallways is disgusting and I was greeted outside my room by a used bandaid and a q-tip. The inside of the room was worse. The hardwood floor was unswept and covered in dirt and debris. Discarded pills and a moldy flower were behind the garbage can. Someone else's hair was all over the bathroom and the shower floor was so disgusting I wished I had brought shower shoes. More hair all over the bed and linens. Situation did not improve despite daily housekeeping during my stay which led me to wonder what exactly the housekeepers were doing in my room instead of cleaning it properly. Some of the staff were average, others downright unaccommodating. The wifi, though complimentary, was so slow it was unusable, a real issue for this business traveler. I would rather pay for internet access that works but, alas, that is not even an option here. As a road warrior and frequent guest at Hilton properties I have to say that this one was an utter disappointment and I will not be back when I return to Cleveland in a few weeks. The only thing about this place that resembles a Doubletree is the chocolate chip cookie.

• Stayed: August 2013