DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel
$89
$108
$102
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Inn Downtown(Cleveland)(Great Value!)
$130
$110
Travelocity
1,463 results
All reviewscleveland clinichardwood floorsdouble treehistoric hoteluniversity circleshuttle servicecookiesold buildingcase western reserve universityvalet parkingmile radiushotel shuttleart museumfree shuttleseverance hallself parkvalet staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a welcome addition to a neglected part of the CWRU campus and through it's mere presence will likely regenerate the area. From the outside it looks like something the Ghostbusters would have fun working in, but the welcome we had was impeccable and ultra-friendly and the warm chocolate cookie was lovely. The rooms are modern with some quirky touches but show the speed in which this place was renovated, as there obvious problems with the plastering and the paint job both inside and outside the rooms. There was no double glazing in our room, which from an environmental view is just plain scary. Biggest problem though is the sound insulation, as we could here every cough, snore and TV programme of our neighbours. Fortunately our neighbours were early sleepers just like us and apart from being awoken by the noise of the surrounding rooms getting up in the morning, the night was fine.

In summary, this hotel has great staff, great location, but there are issues with build-quality and sound insulation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tortellinipanda
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I traveled to Cleveland for an event at the Cleveland Clinic. We stayed at the Tudor Arms because it was conveniently located to the Clinic and to University Circle. What we didn't expect was the spectacular room we had (10th floor) -- spacious, comfortable and the bathroom was amazing.

However, it was the service that won us over -- Carzel and James couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating -- made everything so easy in checking in, getting settled, and getting to our event on time.

Another word on convenience -- so easy to get here from I-90, so easy to get downtown, so easy to get to the Cleveland Museum of Art -- in all, great location!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so humbled by your comments regarding our service staff and the quality of our rooms. We can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife & I stayed here while visiting friends who live in Cleveland Heights. It is an old hotel which has been completely renovated. We had a standard King room which was very large and well appointed. Small bathroom, but functional and nice products. Staff very friendly and accommodating. MY only complaint would be the very slow elevators, as we were on the 8th floor. If you had a lower floor you could take the steps. It is walking distance to Cleveland Clinic, virtually across the street.

Room Tip: I would ask for a lower floor so I could bypass the very slow elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review about your stay with us at Tudor Arms. We’re glad you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I appreciate you letting other viewers know of your nice stay with us . We hope you will have an opportunity to return to Cleveland and stay with us again

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I have been traveling to the Cleveland Clinic for frequent medical treatments. What a wonderful find the Tudor Arms was! We had stayed elsewhere, wrestling with uncomfortable beds and much noise. This is comfort to the extreme! The building itself is utterly, breathtakingly beautiful, reminiscent of a Gothic cathedral. The rooms, on the other hand, are tastefully funky but oh-so-enjoyable. We had so much space that--should I say this?--my husband actually danced on the hardwood floor (and he doesn't dance). The pillows on the bed say "Sweet Dreams." Sweet dreams indeed! There is something about the bed which cradles and comforts, a hard-to-define but cherished quality. It took me back to being in my mothers' loving arms. No siren noises, either from the hospital or the police station. The temperature was easy to control for our taste. And the staff? They were as kind and accommodating as possible. In fact, when I returned from my treatment, I was in horrific pain. I spoke to a young girl at the desk and asked if we might possibly stay one hour after check-out time, as I was too ill to drive home. She was most empathetic and said, "You just go and rest. Check out later, but take care of yourself." I could have hugged her--I SHOULD have hugged her! My husband and I enjoyed the very savory entrees at the Canopy Grille Restaurant and received excellent service. How sad is this? I am looking forward to returning in two months. I know the angst I'll endure at the hands of my doctor, but my Tudor Arms bed and room are calling me back!

Room Tip: Find a room which doesn't face the street so that you can have a quiet, restful sleep.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank RedRose030377
Stephen P, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Our Tudor Arms team appreciates your glowing review on our hotel and staff. But more importantly we are glad you and your husband enjoyed your experience with us. Especially reading about your husband dancing in the room. Our goal is to build a lifelong relationships with are guest. we will be happy to assist your next stay in a few months .

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We found the perfect hotel for exploring Cleveland's wonderful museums, botanical gardens and more! The Doubletree Tudor Arms is an amazing piece of Cleveland's history and thank heavens it has been beautifully restored. It's also super easy to get downtown or out to other east side spots from their location, too. The staff was consistently and genuinely helpful and friendly! Carzel, who checked us in, was great: very patient, thorough and friendly. Jasmine at checkout was super, too. We were traveling with 2 friends who plan non-profit events all around the state and they were also impressed with the function spaces on the 2nd floor which are 2 wonderful ballrooms each restored with tons of character. We booked our reservation when we couldn't get into one of our usual downtown hotels and found our stay here every bit as enjoyable, too.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank sescovitz

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Doubletree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so humbled by your comments regarding our service staff exspecially carzel and jasmin and the quality of our rooms and Ballrooms. We can’t wait to welcome you back, hopefully very soon!