WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel

DoubleTree by Hilton The Tudor Arms Hotel
Ranked #9 of 38 Hotels in Cleveland
Windsor, Canada
“Best Hilton Chain hotel I have ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

The most beautiful hotel, with beautiful rooms. Just amazing! So Clean and new and fresh looking. Loved the building and loved the room. Will %100 be staying there every time we go to Cleveland from now on.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank K8hope11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
atlanta, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I was here first a year ago for business. It was nice then which prompted my return stay. Again the rooms were clean and comfy. We opted for the large suite this time. The shower was not as nice as in the regular rooms, but it did have a tub. The breakfast buffet was decent. The geographical location is a little sketchy but I appreciated the proximity to the Cleveland Clinic.

The valet service was not that great. They were inattentive and sort of in the way. However, the front desk staff was much better this time than on my previous stay. Jazmine was hospitable and attended to each of my request. Also, the cucumber water in the lobby was a nice treat. It would be nice to have a print out available at the front desk with the attractions in the area. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank prettidoll
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I recently stayed in a junior suite at the Tudor Arms. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient and the rooms I stayed in were both very nice. Housekeeping does an excellent job of keeping the place clean. I switched from my first room because I preferred one with a bathtub rather than a shower-only. The spacious shower, which has the modern design of a partial glass wall and no curtain, ends up letting water spread well outside the shower area into the rest of the bathroom; not something I appreciate.

The food in the dining room was fine and I found the breakfast buffet very good, but not excellent. Perhaps I went there a little too late in the morning for everything to be at its freshest, but I wasn't feeling particularly hungry at 7 or 8 AM. The homemade muffins were very good, though.

My one complaint was that the phone service on the top 3 floors (I was on the topmost) was out for almost all of my stay because of a fried circuit board, or something like that. The hotel staff was able, however, to make calls for me and then connect them to my room phone. Still, I did miss a few phone messages.

I'll be heading back to Cleveland in a few weeks and expect to stay once more at the Tudor Arms, so, really, I was satisfied with my experience there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank morralkan
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We found the hotel to be a nice surprise. Room was spacious (we had a suite), beds wonderfully comfortable, room was quiet, great shower, microwave and mini-refrigerator in the room, good television reception, free internet access in the room, electrical outlets easily accessible. There was really nothing more I could ask for in terms of a comfortable room. There was enough room for six of us to sit and talk in the sitting area of the room.

I like that the rooms have wood floors which feels cleaner than carpet. The bathroom baseboard was dusty but other than that, room was very clean.

I personally don't like the mandatory valet parking but understand that it is necessary in an urban area where every building cannot have their own parking lot. The parking attendant was helpful, going back to my car to get my glasses which I had left in the glove compartment. Also, car was quickly brought around at check-out.

We were here for a very specific event so did not have time to explore the area. However, I don't believe there is a convenient place to eat nearby. We did not want to pay the $12,95 per person cost for breakfast at the hotel so chose to wait to eat until we were on the road following check-out.

I would definitely return to this hotel next time we are in Cleveland.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Central NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel is beautiful. The decor gives a 1920's vibe while the rooms are completely modern. Beautiful hardwood floors, a super comfy bed, and dual shower-heads in the bathrooms. The staff is friendly. The breakfast was good in the morning. Our first morning a lady was screaming her head off at the staff members over cold eggs, but the employees all handled it professionally and courteously. We went while visiting Case Western Reserve Law School. The hotel is a 15 minute walk to the University Circle. The hotel has a shuttle that will drop off and pick you up wherever you are. A great perk. My only problem with the hotel is the mandatory valet parking (though it is quick).

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

When we arrived, there was someone in our room with the security hinge closed (squatter). The staff apologized and said that the only room left was smoking which we declined. A really wonderful young man named Carvel (front desk) called several local hotels, and he finally found an upgraded room for us across the street at the Intercontinental at no additional cost to us. Carvel's customer service was superb!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

This hotel may be one of my favorite things in Cleveland (along w/ the botanical garden, art museum). The wood floors were beautiful, the bed was very comfortable, the room clean. The breakfast was decent. The staff friendly. I really loved the old architecture with the modern interior.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple